Re: Get to know you? (non-clicky poll)

• Options
    imagejcrawford76:
    imageSweetdream415:
    imagejcrawford76:
    imageSchick'sChick:

(1) What's your career? Audiologist
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO? 34/37
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? I love Maggie Moo's raspberry roller coaster which has chocolate ice cream w/ raspberries and fudge. So good!!!
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby? 7 cycles  

Oooh, you're an Audiologist!  How fun!  My undergrad degree was in Speech Path/Aud.

I really love it. I was going to do speech path until I had to complete some clinical hours and I changed my mind. I was way more into ears, haha!

Hee hee....very cool!  Are you in a private practice, hospital, ??...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1: I was a nanny but will be a stay at home mom.

2: I am 24, 25 next month! and my husband is 35, 36 next month (our birthdays are 4 days..and 11 years apart lol)

3: Favourite ice cream flavour is Gold Metal Ribbon. 

4: We stopped 'not trying' in December or something and then my first cycle that I actually mapped out we got pregnant. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. i work for the "man" federal employee, i investigate fraud for SSA

2. i'm 37 and he is 45, i know we're old!!

3. swirls frozen yogurt cake batter!

4. i took my IUD out 03/09/10 pregnant same month!  whoo knew i was so fertile! LOL

• Options
    (1) What's your career? CPA - I'm currently public accounting
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO? I am 29 and H is 30
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?  Oreo Blizzard
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  I came off birth control at the end of November or early December.  I wouldn't say that we were activley trying to concieve, but we were not preventing either.  I guess that makes the answer to this question about 3 months.

Due June 10, 2014

imageimage

• Options
    (1) What's your career? Fashion/Apparel Design (2) How old are you and DH/SO? 32/31 (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?  I'm not a big ice cream or sweets person but if I had to pick one it would probably be a chocolate/vanilla soft serve swirl cone...boring, I know. (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby? We got pregnant on our first month of 'trying'...shocked the sh!t out of me, that's for sure!
  • Options
    (1) What's your career? Social Worker

(2) How old are you and DH/SO? I'm 27 and DH is 26.

(3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Cookie Dough - didn't know it could be bad?

(4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  We were not trying. Had planned to start trying in 2011. We had just got married in November 2009. We have been together for 5 1/2 years. I was taking birth control pills, always have, religiously. The day I found out I was pregnant I had taken my bc that morning. I had gone in the doctor because I had felt sick for the past 5-6 weeks andI had what I thought was a period  in April so I thought there was no way I was pregnant. Come to find out it was implantation bleeding. So on May 6 we found out we were pregnant and were in complete shock and felt truly blessed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    (1) What's your career?
    I am the senior financial analyst for a very well know corporation/TV station
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO?
    I am 28 and he is 40
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
    Vanilla for sure
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby? 
    It took 4 years to get my son and about 2 months (I did IVF) to get my daughter.
  • Options
    imageSchick'sChick:
    We have added several new faces since the beginning of our journeys (way back in March!?!) 

So let's do a quick get to know you poll! Answer any (or all) of the questions below!

(1) What's your career? I'm a teller for PNC Bank, but come the end of November, I'll be a SAHM.

(2) How old are you and DH/SO?  We both just turned 28 this summer. (Him in July and myself in June)

(3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate chip cookie dough-but perhaps I need to reconsider this!

(4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  We started "trying" (ie: I went off birth control) back in July 2009 when we were in AR, then our first month in PA, we found out we were pregnant! So I guess it took around 7 months.  I always thought it was easy to get pregnant, but I was starting to feel like Charlotte from "Sex and the City" after the 3rd month of trying...I'm so dramatic!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageConnys1976:
    (1) What's your career? -Office Manager,
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO? - 34 DH is 37
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Changes all the time right now I would have to say chocolate and caramel
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  -We had an Oops Smile moment, we werent trying but where hoping to be able to start trying soon I am on some Meds that I wasnt suposed to get pregnant on.

(1) What's your career? Marketing
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO? 25 but will be 26 when LO is born; SO is 28 
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? I've been going through rainbow sherbert throught my pregnancy & put ice cream on the back burner.
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  This was totally unexpected since my chances of getting pregnant was slim to none; but I was put on medication to speed up my metabolism and turned out it is used for infertility too...so I ended up pregnant! (didn't find out about the different uses for the meds until afterwards) Big Smile
  • Options

(1) Currently a SAHM but I have a degree in Businees Management and was formally a manager at a hair salon

(2) I am 30 and MH is 31

(3) I like a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of chocolate.  Boring I know!

(4) It took us 7 months

• Options
    1) I'm an RN, he works @ the Duct Tape Factory. :) 2) I'm 30, he's 27. 3) I am loving plain chocolate ice cream now. 4) we weren't trying for this pregnancy. We were going to start trying in March of 2011.
  • Options

(1) What's your career? I'm a sahm, but have a PhD in history.

(2) How old are you and DH/SO? 35 and 28

(3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?  cookies and cream

(4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby? 1.5 months (we started in my third week of the first cycle, so technically it took 2 cycles, but really wouldn't have worked the first!)

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Options
    (1) What's your career? SAHM

(2) How old are you and DH/SO? I will be 31 next month and H is 31

(3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Anything that goes with Friendly's PB sauce. Right now Friendly's black raspberry with PB sauce. Tastes like PB&J.

(4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  1st month with both pregnancies. With this one I went off BC end of Feb and conceived mid March.
  • Options
    (1) What's your career?
    I substitute teach. I'm certified to teach 1st grade - 5th grade but there are no jobs in my districts right now. 
    I'm 26 and Mr.MM is 29
    Choclate

• Options
    (1) What's your career? Used to work for a newspaper but now I am a SAHW and will be a SAHM.
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO? I am 24 and he will be 30 in December
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Ben and Jerry's Heath. Right now Vanilla with any fruit blended in it. Addicted to milkshakes right now.
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  Not trying but not preventing either. I had a miscarriage a year ago and decided that we would just see what happens. This time it was complete surprise.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

career: Marketing for an IT company

ice cream:  hmmm..I am really just a fan of chocolate ice cream. We have a gelato place near me that makes the BEST strawberry sorbetto too- I like to keep it simple.

trying: we were told by a few doctors that there was no way we would conceive without help. So- when we found out that we were pregnant we were in shock. This is a surprise baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Options

(1) What's your career? Human Resources
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO? 31, 31
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? peppermint
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  2 cycles

• Options
    imageSchick'sChick:

(1) What's your career? Admissions representative for a college
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO? I'm 26 today - H is 25
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Toughie.... cookies n cream probably
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  and if we weren't? ... Smile
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

1.  Career - SAHW.  My husband's job moved us to a different state right after I found out I was pregnant so I had to quit my job and we decided I would be a SAHM when our son arrives.

2.  Age -  We're both 32 (3 days apart). 

3.  Favorite ice cream - Plain vanilla.  I have been craving banana splits a lot lately.

4.  How long to conceive? - We "tried" for almost 2 years.  No charting or anything. 

• Options

(1) What's your career? I am about to start my third year of law school.  Before starting law school, I was a middle school teacher for four years.

(2) How old are you and DH/SO? We are both 28.

(3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Mint Chocolate Chip or Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey

(4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby? I was charting for four cycles before we starting trying to get pregnant, but once we started trying we were lucky enough to get a BFP the first cycle.

Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

• Options

CAREER: Registerd Nurse. I work in the homecare field. I take care of one patient who has Muscular Dystrophy. I've been here for 4 years and we are now like brother and sister, lol.

DH works for CSX railroad as a track inspector which can turn into very long hours and sometimes days and nights away if we get snow :(

AGE: I am 31 and will be turning 32 right after baby arrives. I've robbed the cradle just a little! DH turned 28 in May.

ICECREAM: I'm not a real big icecream eater but i'd say my favorite is cake batter.

BABY: We got married last Sept. and I went on the pill only long enough to avoid my period for our honeymoon. I stopped taking it about 2 months after we got back. After that we weren't necessarily trying but we weren't preventing either :)

• Options
    imageSchick'sChick:
    imageAshleyandDeric:
    Ohhh I like this.  

(1) What's your career?  Paralegal
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO?  I am 27, DH is 28
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?  Favorite used to be chocolate chip cookie dough, but a friend told me I can't have it while pregnant.  Therefore, I am just boycotting ice cream :)
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby? We tried for about 8 months... got upset and stopped charting and poof....

Ack- I guess baby Lainey is getting something she's not supposed to have. I should probably check into the CCCD thing. :((  

I'm pretty sure they pasteurize the eggs in cookie dough ice cream since they know you are going to eat the dough raw, or they make cookie dough without eggs.  I don't remember where I read this though... probalby couldn't hurt to look into it.

Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

• Options

1) I currently work for a medical device manufacturing plant. We make catheters. I am also in school for nursing. I'm taking this upcoming semester off, but after baby comes, I am going to focus on school and not work til I graduate.

2) I am 26 and my hubby is 23.

3) I like anything with chunkiness and vanilla ice cream.

4) We weren't trying. In fact, we were told I couldn't get pregnant. So, we were planning on adopting when I got out of school. Then... SURPRISE!!!

• Options
    (1) What's your career? Nursing--currently an LPN, RN school complete--hopefully taking RN Boards before LO is born
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO? I am 25 and DH will be 29 in December
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? As of a few days ago, B&J Boston Cream Pie...Mmmm...and I also like Baskin Robbins Pistachio....but Im not picky...I like EVERYTHING.
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  Didnt really get a chance to start trying. Went off of BC in February, period in March, and then BFP in April...so 2 months, I guess. We intended to get preggo in June/July but she was just meant to be. Glad it happened this way though, cause we were gonna try every 'method' possible with the hopes of conceiving a girl finally...and we did without even realizing it...
  • Options
    imageSchick'sChick:

(1) What's your career?
    I'm a certified birth doula
    Do I have to answer this?  LOL...I'm 35 and my DH is 36
    Peppermint.  YUMMM!
    This baby was a wonderful surprise.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

1) What's your career? Hotel Revenue Management

(2) How old are you and DH/SO? I'm 29, he's 31

(3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? rocky road!

(4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  We had been in a long distance relationship.  I finally moved in mid-march and was pregnant less than a month later :)

• Options
    imageSweetdream415:
    imagejcrawford76:
    imageSweetdream415:
    imagejcrawford76:
    imageSchick'sChick:

(1) What's your career? Audiologist
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO? 34/37
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? I love Maggie Moo's raspberry roller coaster which has chocolate ice cream w/ raspberries and fudge. So good!!!
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby? 7 cycles  

Oooh, you're an Audiologist!  How fun!  My undergrad degree was in Speech Path/Aud.

I really love it. I was going to do speech path until I had to complete some clinical hours and I changed my mind. I was way more into ears, haha!

Hee hee....very cool!  Are you in a private practice, hospital, ??...

Private practice (owned by an audiologist, not ENT)

• Options
    We have added several new faces since the beginning of our journeys (way back in March!?!) 

So let's do a quick get to know you poll! Answer any (or all) of the questions below!

(1) What's your career?  Research Assitant in Pediatric Allergy
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO?  I just turned 30 :( DH is 31
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?  Edy's Samoa (only during GS cookie time :( )
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  It was a surprise!!!!
  • Options

(1) What's your career? I'm a paralegal, I work at a small firm that does corporate and estate planning law.  One day I'll switch careers and become a history teacher...one day, lol.
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO?  I'm 29, DH is 32.  I'll be 30 when LO arrives.
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?  There isn't much ice cream I don't like!  Rocky Road, strawberry, mint chocolate chip (must be the green kind), B&J Phish Food and Bruster's peanut butter buckeye would probably be my top 5.
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  We decided I'd go off the pill after finishing the pack in February, and I got pregnant that next month.  A little shocking!
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options

imageSchick'sChick:
    (1) What's your career? HS English Teacher! 

(2) How old are you and DH/SO? I am 26 (but will be 27 when Lainey is born); DH is 29... he turns 30 in January

(3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? hmmm... currently? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!

(4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  four months- felt like a long time because we were wanting to "hurry" before DH's mom died... she did at least know I was pregnant when she passed... and we found out the day she died that Lainey is a girl. Bittersweet. 

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I felt like you could have taken these words right out of my mouth.  My MIL also passed away while we were pregnant, we were hoping she'd make it long enough to meet her first grandbaby.  I hope you and your family are doing well.

What's your career?:  Was a loan officer but after moving while pregnant to a different state we decided I would be a SAHM

How old are you and DH?SO?  I am 27 and DH is 30, will be 31 when LO arrives

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?  Ben & Jerry's Dave Matthews Band limited edition... it's raspberry ice cream with brownie chunks!  

If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  We stopped preventing in February, paid attention to ovulation days in March and got our BFP on March 30th.   

• Options
    (1) What's your career? nothing at the moment. i was working in a dr. office, quit in april and 2 weeks later found out i was pg.

i have a degree in medical office admin and am wanting to go back to get a degree in radiological technology

(2) How old are you and DH/SO? i will be 23 on saturday and H is 25

(3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? vanilla/choc hah nothing fancy

(4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby? took 2 months off BCP
  • Options
    (1) Professional Army Wife and soon-to-be stay at home mom. (I was working in banking and finance when the market essentially collapsed and was laid off. I was focusing on going back to school then found out mid-semester that I was PG so that's on hold for now) (2) DH and I are both 23 (3) Strawberry or Fudge Tracks (although Rocky Road sounds amazing right now) (4) We weren't trying when I conceived but I thought it was interesting to point out we had planned on waiting to have kids until after our 1 year wedding anniversary and I'm due on our anniversary lol. 
  • Options
    (1) What's your career?  Marketing
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO?  Both 29 currently.  I'll be 30 in November.  DH just turned 29 this month.
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?  At the moment, Hershey's Moose Tracks
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  We were extremely blessed and conceived on the first "try".
  • Options

Great idea!

(1) I'm a corporate lawyer, but currently on sabbatical.  I'll be leaving my job for good in October, then taking some time to be home with the baby, and I still need to figure out what comes after that!

(2) I'm 30 and DH is 29 (turning 30 in October).

(3) Ben & Jerry's Phish Food!

(4) It took us about 5 months. 

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

career: I just got out of the Air Force and now I'm going to school to be a teacher.

ice cream:  I LOVE ice cream. Period!!

trying: about 2 months and it was a blast Wink

• Options
    (1) What's your career?

I'm an office manager, I work for a small company my parents started. So does my husband, he's a technician for the company.

DH & I are both 25

Hmmmmm, that's tough. I'd have to say strawberry soft serve with LOADS of rainbow sprinkles!

We weren't "trying", but we weren't NOT trying. We had been not using protection for 3 months when we got pregnant.
  • Options

Career: I work for a trust company, we process transactions and do compliance testing for retirement plans.

Ice Cream: Blue Moon

How Long:  It only took us one month of trying, we were very blessed and super surprised that we got our BFP right away.

Birthday
  • Options
    imagesdpookie13:
    (1) What's your career?  Transportation Planner (I study traffic...i know, weird right!?)
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO? Both 28
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Coffee oreo
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby? Even though i wasn't taking BC we weren't going to start "trying" until August because I was the maid of honor in a wedding in August.  Buuttt....clearly that didn't work out since we had a "oops" moment during a drunkin St. Patty's day LOL  Oh well, it all works out in the end and we're both extreemly happy!  I even survived the wedding I was in! :)

Hehe...we conceived the same day.

• Options

(1) What's your career?  Life Insurance
    (2) How old are you and DH/SO?  33/33
    (3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?  Choc. Chip Mint!
    (4) If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?  a litlte over two years.
    Our first little one is getting big!
    Number two

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

What's your career? Currently, a SAHM and proud Air Force wife. Before we moved here, I was(am) a certified pharmacy technician.

How old are you and DH/SO?  32/26

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?  Beyer's Heath Bar, but really as long as it has chocolate, or peanut butter , or carmel....I'm good!

If you were "trying", how long did it take you to conceive this baby?
    With DD#1 we got pg within the month after he got home from deployment. We decided to start trying for number 2 when DD#1 was 16 months but didn't have any luck before he deployed 11 months later. Again, he got home and we got pregnant!  So....post deployment baby #2 is on the way!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"