New to The Bump

Lurker coming out of the shadows

Hi Bumpies,

I've been a lurker for a while, but after reading and getting a "grasp" of how the community operates, I think I'm ready to participate! My DH and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary in July and married life has been great. At least once I week I wonder why I got married, but then DH makes me laugh and my heart melts all over again. We like our life; we have great family and friends, two entertaining boxer babies, and relatively successful careers. I've always felt fulfilled...that is until the last four months or so. Back when I was young, I said that I would be ready to TTC when I turned 30; the number seemed really far away. Well the big 3-0 came in May and I was faced with the question of whether I would follow through with my original plan or hold off. We've gone back and forth again and again about when the best time to try would be, do we have enough money, childcare, etc, and frankly I still don't know the answers. However, we've decided that we want to be parents and it terrifies me! We plan on starting the adventure next month and I'm thrilled and terribly nervous all at the same time. I look forward to continuing to read all your stories and any words of wisdom you share, and hopefully I'll have something to chip in once in a while. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lurker coming out of the shadows

• I am new to the bump too.  I am also 30 and have been married for almost a year now.  We are just now TTC.  I had some worries too originally but really went over our finances.  I wondered where all of our money actually goes :-)  Most of it just goes to stuff.  I put myself on an actual budget and am going to be really careful about money I spend.  I decided to use cash instead of credit cards and give myself an allowance.  We will easily save up money for a baby and also be used to living on less money per month which will be good when we have every day baby items.  People have said to me and I think this is true that if you are waiting for the perfect time you will never have kids  Something will always come up.  Anyway just wanted to say hi and good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks for the welcome. It's comforting to know someone else can empathize with my fears; I'm sure lots of Bumpies have been in our boat. And you're absolutely right that there is no perfect time for a baby so I might as well embrace the unknown. Good luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • How exciting and scary at the same time!  We've only been married a month (yesterday!) and I'm asking myself every other day, "Why on earth did I do this?!" but it's the same - he's so fantastic and cracks me up and takes such good care of me.  I guess that's not necessarily something that will go away? :)

Good luck with your plans!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"