Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Do you really toss your "take & toss" sippy cups?

Or, reuse a couple times?
Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Do you really toss your "take & toss" sippy cups?

• I have reused ours a couple of times. I usually don't get rid of them until they are not working anymore. We have a lot of take and toss bowls as well that we use all the time and then just wash them and reuse.
  • Heck no, we've reused those things numerous times! They are way to durable to just "toss" IMO. Plus, DS drinks better out of those sippy cups than he does any other sippy we've purchased, lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Heck no.  I have had the same set of take and toss bowls since my kiddo started eating baby food at 4 months and he's 13 months now.  I will say that they're nice to have because if I leave one behind somewhere I'm not completely crushed or out a lot of money.
  • imageCarmeltopher:
    I have reused ours a couple of times. I usually don't get rid of them until they are not working anymore. We have a lot of take and toss bowls as well that we use all the time and then just wash them and reuse.

this

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just tossed ours after a couple of months because they have been used so many times that the babies could take the tops off.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I use them until they are useless :)

Funny story - I went out to eat alone with my daughters (my oldest was probably 21 months at the time) and had my oldest hold her sippy cup. While I was ordering, I noticed the lid on the little trashcan by the counter waving and my toddler playing with it. I didn't think anything of it until we got seated at the table and I noticed the sippy was missing.

A couple minutes later, one of the employees walked over to a table of her friends and places the cup on the table. She then goes off on how she thinks it's ridiculous that people actually throw those things away when it is obviously in perfect condition. Such a waste!

I was too shy to speak up and say, "hey, I totally want that back! My toddler threw it away."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks!

I want to get some.  The Munchkin leak free trainer cups are only leak free until baby bites them too much... so annoying.  The take&toss seemed expensive to just throw away each time, but if we can re-use, great!

... off to Target.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We don't use the "take & toss" but I'm sure we would reuse them. It just seems like such a waste of money not to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • They should be called: Take & re-use a couple of times. I plan on using mine until 1. they either dissappear or 2. Break (down).Then I will recycle them of course!! :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• I hasn't bought them specifically because I don't know what to do with them. They're too well made to toss, but I don't want to put them through the dishwasher because I'm concerned they are not made for that and would leach some chemical.
  • I don't toss them. That makes no sense to me, if they still work perfectly fine why would you get rid of them. We use them a lot, and straw sippys also.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We reuse them many, many times.  I throw the straws away after they've been used several times, I worry about them getting clean enough on the inside even though I put them in the dishwasher.  When I throw the straws away, I just use regular plastic straws.  They fit fine in those cups and dd drinks out of them just the same.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't know if many people know this, but most of your take n toss items are recyclable.  Not all areas accept the number that is on most take n toss.  I think it's a # 6, but some cities recycling centers are starting to accept a wider range of plastics.  Ours used to only accept 1's and 2's, but now our city accepts 1-7!!  Love it.  Now sour cream, yogurt containers, kids cups from restaurants, and take n toss items for example can be recycled here.  If your city accepts them, please recycle them when you're "tossing" them at home.  I'm not sure at all about the straws and the utensils like spoons, but the cups, bowls, and lids are recyclable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"