Medication and Pregnancy — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

Medication and Pregnancy

I am in my second trimester with my second baby and finally decided to get help for my anxiety and situational depression.  I had post partum depression with my first daughter so I am trying to prepare ahead of time for this one, while fully knowing I have general anxiety/depression on top of it.  I was started on Zoloft by my psychiatrist yesterday.  I am on the lowest dose(25mg) for 4 days...then (50mg) for 4 days...then upping it to 75mg if needed. I am hoping to feel better on the lowest dose possible.  My question is, does anyone have experience with being on medication and being pregnant? I am scared to death from all of the research I have been doing, but some of the reports are from 2007, so I know a lot has been done since then.  I don't want to put my baby at risk in any way, but I also know I need to be a healthy mommy to be a good mom to my kids.  I am torn.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Medication and Pregnancy

• I do not personally have any experience.  However, my SIL was on Zoloft for her pregnancy.  It is commonly prescribed for pregnant women.  She was on 50mg throughout her pregnancy.  HTH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards