Adoption
Options

New to the board

I've already posted a couple of times in the last week but realized I never introduced myself...Ooops!

I am a 35 year old, almost engaged (been ring shopping - finally picked one!) foster mom who recieved the placement of a lifetime back in March...a 2 day old infant who DSS was 99.999999% sure they were going to be terminating rights for. YAY!

After having recieved many calls (over the 1 year + we were licensed) for kids who were out of my age acceptance range this was quite a surprise. As a matter of fact when the phone rang, I was totally ready to say no. I just knew it was going to be another case I wasnt ready for. Approximately 3 hours after the initial call, my son was placed in my arms. *melt*

They just recently were able to have the TPR and in about 5 weeks we will have reached the mandatory 6 month minimum for a child being in our home before we can officially adopt!!! We cannot wait for everything to be finalized!

Re: New to the board

• Options
    Welcome! Congrats and good luck on both the adoption and engagement.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks!

I forgot to add we went into FC to help other families while we were in the process of getting hitched. We never had any idea that we would get the call in the middle of that process! And even if we did, we just KNEW we would be waiting through all the drama of potential reunification for a year or two before we even got the green light to possibly adopt a child who was placed in our care.

We got very lucky...and in a way I am happier, because in planning a wedding, I can't imagine any other ring bearer then Will. :-)

• Options
    welcome and congrats on all accounts!! :)
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options

Congrats and welcome!!

I noticed your comment to my q on foster to adopt! I would love to hear more about your experience and thoughts, etc.  PM when you have time, I have a million and one questions haha!

• Options
    As soon as I figure out where/how to PM I will! Bear with me I am very new to this particular board. LOL
  • Options
    I'm so happy to read this. We are a couple weeks away from getting our Foster Lisence and we really want to adopt.  And also WELCOME to the board!
  • Options

imageAdoptamommy:
    As soon as I figure out where/how to PM I will! Bear with me I am very new to this particular board. LOL

Click on the "contact +" option and you can message that way :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"