Hawaii Babies
Options

??? Weekly Check-in ???

hah - i've finally managed to move these to the beginning of the week - by completely missing last week! Embarrassed  I think i'll be more consistent about posting these on mondays...

HAWAII NESTIE/BUMPIE MAMAS

4forluck ? Elaine May ? 09.20.07

MauidAims ? Kai Adam ? 02.16.08
MrsNFB ? Sean Patrick ? 10.11.08

kauai_luv ? Waianuhea ? 04.04.09
kshiz ? Ella Juliet ? 04.04.09
VanceandLori ? Brooke Jillian ? 05.15.09
Mrs.HulaHunnie ? Jaylee Emiko ? 06.11.09
bigislandhi ? Zoi ? 06.29.09
Mrs.Ziz ? Bella Kailani ? 07.24.09
Hawaiian Honey ? Matthew Sebron (Matty) ? 08.07.09
MrsWinter ? Ashton Christopher ? 08.14.09
myday1708 ? Alexa Leilani ? 09.09.09
missaloha ? Ellery Lin Ka'imilani ? 09.13.09
MrsNJSwimmer ? William (Billy) ? 11.09.09
Trieulam - Kiptyn ? 11.12.09 & precious angel Kylie ? 11.12.09-1.28.10
MrsPresley ? Annalise Rebecca ? 11.12.09
HulaLove ? Elyse Ann (Elle) ? 12.14.09

Married2MrWright ? Elizabeth (Libby) Joan ? 01.25.10
Sanae78 ? Kaya Akemi ? 02.11.10
SirenSong ? Samara Jane Florence ? 02.16.10
Mauiwedding08
? John (Jack) ? 02.19.10
Jaysgirljulie
? Christopher Ryan ? 03.9.10
Lola808 ? Adrian Kapa'a ? 04.8.10
LisaKeiko ? John (Johnny) Samuel IV ? 04.19.10
redshoegirl ? William John & Dashiell Thomas ? 04.21.10
liubride510 ? Kailani Grace ? 05.08.10
inamra ? Blake ? 05.16.10
rwright5 ? Mason Lee ? 06.03.10
supercoolnat ? Zachary ? 06.07.10
parrotgirl ? Mason ? 06.15.10
lelekay ? Henry Benjamin ? 07.22.10

HAWAII NESTIE DUE DATES

July 2010
07.22.10 ? Boy ? RobynLee

August 2010
08.29.10 ? Boy ?  MrsIH

September  2010
09.09.10 ? Baby ? Vanilla15

October 2010
10.07.10 ? Girl ? ECUPirate04
10.08.10 ? Baby ? mrsnickandnora
10.24.10 ? Girl ? eacerna
10.29.10 ? Boy ? MrsNicole&Brian808

November  2010
11.20.10 ? Boy ? SanHawaii08

January 2011
01.20.11 ? Baby ? Oceangirl22

March 2011
03.13.11 ? Baby ? kinibruin
03.20.11 ? Baby ? MrsZiz

April 2011
04.04.11 ? Baby ? MauiBride2008

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Post updated due dates or gender reports here.

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?

(5) When (which week) are you planning/did you plan to stop traveling while pg? 

(6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I've heard that this could delay verbal speech - any concerns? 

(7) Mamas:  What's something you said you'd never do, but then did?

eta: Mamas-to-be: What's something you say you'd never do, but secretly think that you might?

(8) What questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?

TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ??? Weekly Check-in ???

• Options

27w2d!  hello 3rd tri Big Smile

good, no news

next tuesday, 1-hr glucose test...(cue dread music Stick out tongue  j/k, i know it's not that bad, really, but still not realy looking forward to it!)

getting enough water, and sleep.  i know i don't drink enough water Embarrassed, and at night, i get up every 3 hours to pee and drink more water, b/c i'm so parched.  i really, really, really want just 1 night where i sleep for 8 hours straight - i *never* used to wake up at night, but those days ended as soon as i got the BFP!

i was planning to stop traveling at 30 weeks.  now i'm going to go visit my sister at 31 weeks, and i'm debating a 5-6 hr car trip (each way) for the weekend at 34 weeks - is that totally dumb?  i called the midwives today, but haven't heard back. 

(6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I've heard that this could delay verbal speech - any concerns? 

undecided...i like that baby sign language allows the baby to communicate some basic concepts much earlier, but i do know of kids who didn't feel the need to learn to talk until much later than "normal".  not sure how i feel about that Embarrassed

how 'bout for the mama's to be - what's one thing you say you'd never do, but secretly think that you might? hehe. (editing the question now...)

i think i'll be very strict about food - you eat what the rest of the family eats, when the family eats.  snacks at snack time.  that's it.  kids won't starve themselves, and they'll learn their lesson after going hungry for one meal.  ...but i hear so many moms say they felt the same way, yet now chase their kid around with a spoon begging them to eat just one more bite...   

(8) What questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?

TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?

• Options

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? They turned 4 months old on Saturday!

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Teething to the extreme! Still working on rolling over - no, they still haven't done that. And yet they have excellent head/neck control and can practically sit unassisted. What's up with that?! Huh?

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? We have a physio appointment for Will next week (nothing major, just checking on the progress of his head turning), and then one for me (IUD) the week after.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Hmm. I don't know if this counts, but I'd say the argument I had with Ben about his involvement with Will and Dash. He's a GREAT father, and contributes a LOT (feeding, changing, bathing, etc.) but it aggravates me that when he "watches" them, he parks them in their rocker chairs and then plays on his computer or whatever instead of interacting with them. Dude, they're only awake for like an hour and a half at a time - you can play games or surf the internet while they're napping! We ironed some stuff out and I think he'll be a bit more conscious of what he's doing with them in the future.

(5) When (which week) are you planning/did you plan to stop traveling while pg? N/A because I didn't do any traveling while pregnant. However, in my case, I wouldn't have been comfortable past about 28 weeks - not because of dangers, but because I simply wouldn't have been physically comfortable sitting in a plane/train/automobile for that long.

(6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I've heard that this could delay verbal speech - any concerns? No, although I was really interested in it - but it's just one more thing on the "to do" list, and I don't think we'll ever get around to it.

(7) Mamas:  What's something you said you'd never do, but then did? Letting them watch TV already. And YES, I'm embarrassed lol! But there was a period of time when we really struggled to get Dash to eat (you might remember me posting about it), and then about a month later we had the same problem with Will. We discovered on accident that if he was distracted by something, he'd forget to throw a fit and would just automatically eat while watching whatever had his attention - and nothing distracted him like the TV! We don't plonk them in front of it or anything (I got super annoyed at a friend when one of my boys was fussing and she said, "Why don't you just put them in front of the TV?"), but it sure as hell came in handy when we needed it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?11 1/2 months! Almost one year!(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?Alexa is ... WALKING! She has been standing up on her own, then she took ONE step, and on Saturday she took SEVEN steps! On Sunday, her unassisted step cound went up to 11, 17 and 31! Wow! She still crawls a lot, but she is technically a walker!(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?Sept 10 for her one year(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?Driving to and from the shore with her and keeping her on schedule with family events(6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I've heard that this could delay verbal speech - any concerns? I was going to but was never very consistent with the signs... I have some friends who use it and they say it works.
    Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagemyday1708:

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?11 1/2 months! Almost one year!

I was looking at your ticker yesterday, and I just CANNOT BELIEVE she's nearly a year old already! Party!!!

• Options
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?  I will be 38 weeks on Thursday.

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? t.i.r.e.d. & ready to not be pg anymore, but not necessarily ready for a newborn either!!!  always fear of the unknown!

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  Thursday for weekly checkup

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  having stamina...I am not super tired normally, but if I start doing anything, I get wiped out really quickly.

(5) When (which week) are you planning/did you plan to stop traveling while pg?  it wasn't on purpose, but our last trip was around 6 months pg

(6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I've heard that this could delay verbal speech - any concerns?  I don't plan to.  It was something I was interested, but I know a couple of parents that did it & felt it slowed their baby's talking

eta: Mamas-to-be: What's something you say you'd never do, but secretly think that you might? 1. junk food.  I don't eat fast food, and the baby obviously won't either, but I worry when they get a little older it will be sooo easy with hectic schedules!  Hopefully by that time, NOLA will have more healthy fast food options (why can't we have Panera Bread, Chipotle, etc here??)  2.  TV - I don't want my kids to veg out all day on the TV.  I am sure when at grandparents' houses it will happen, but I really hope to prevent it at home.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? Jack is 6mo+5days

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?Jack has a top tooth poking through (tooth count is up to 3) and he is miserable!  He is totally making up for not having any reaction to the first 2.  He whines a lot - even in his sleep!  He is also "talking" a ton.  He says dadadadada and bababababa withough any meaning to it, but it is like I can't turn him off - if he is awake (and even while falling asleep) he is babbling. 

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? just monthly shots.  At his 6mo wellbaby last week he was 28 1/4" and 17lb13oz.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? we took him to a work conference - so just the special arrangements for feeding him while I was downstairs in meetings.  He was great though - he even got to come to a business lunch (slept in his stroller for the most part).

(5) When (which week) are you planning/did you plan to stop traveling while pg? I didn't fly anywhere after 28 weeks.  I thought I was going to have to go to DC at about 31-32 weeks and the MWs gave me the go ahead but I didn't end up going.

(6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I've heard that this could delay verbal speech - any concerns? they do it at daycare (milk, drink, all done, mom/dad, and a few others) and we try to be consistent but he really doesn't seem interested. 

(7) Mamas:  What's something you said you'd never do, but then did? start solids before 6mo - after reading about BLW I really felt strongly that if he was showing all the signs (sitting unassisted, bringing toys to his mouth, and showing interest in food) I shouldn't limit it thereby giving a negative connotation to eating.  Therefore, when he started trying to grab food off my plate I started making sure we were eating foods that were appropriate for him to try.   It seems to work and I feel totally fine about it - HE was the one choosing to eat - even now there are times he isn't interested. 

The other day I let him gnaw on 1/2 of a corn on the cob at dinner and I thought he was just sucking on it and playing with it but he really did eat quite a bit of it and loved it - the next day they had some at a community picnic but I didn't get up there in time to get any then he saw another child one picnic blanket away with a piece and he crawled over there and kept trying to grab it even though I had put some food (watermelon, elk steak, and cucumbers) in front of him.

• Options

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? Henry is 1 month, 2 days

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  I'm doing okay.  Kind of freaked out that my maternity leave is already 1/3 over....yikes!  A milestone is that we went to a friends house who has twins the month before us this past weekend.  It was fun to see Henry interact with other babies.  And it was nice to get out of the house for more than an hour for a walk.  We even fed while we were there....the first time we fed outside the house!

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  Tomorrow, for his one month visit.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  MH!!!  I think he thinks that I've now settled in to motherhood and recovered from my c-section, therefore I don't need his help so much anymore.  He was great at first, but now when he's home from work, he mostly "disappears" upstairs to play on the computer or "fix" something that doesn't really need fixing.  We had a little bit of a fight last night, which didn't really get resolved.  I feel he needs to help more, and he thinks that I need to be more receptive to his ideas to make things easier.  Unfortunately, his ideas involve thing like "let him cry more before picking him up" or "can't we just bathe him in the kitchen sink because filling and emptying his tub is a PITA", which are things I'm not receptive to, no.  We need to discuss more later this week.  :(

(5) When (which week) are you planning/did you plan to stop traveling while pg? I didn't fly at all while pg, and didn't take a road trip more than a hour away after 31 weeks.

(6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I've heard that this could delay verbal speech - any concerns? I wasn't planning on it.  Honestly, I really don't know much about it, except that it exists.  Maybe if I look into it more I'll think about it.  

(7) Mamas:  What's something you said you'd never do, but then did? Like Lisa, the TV thing.  While he certainly doesn't "watch" TV, I'll admit I do have it on half the day.  I'm home alone, and I like the background noise.  Plus, I get bored!  I feel really badly about it, though.  I didn't plan on exposing him to this so early.  I guess I need to play music more, and maybe read more when he's sleeping instead (if I can stay awake!).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 9.5 months

(2) Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?
    he did really well at swim class had a life jacket on and floated by himself!  He also remembered to hold onto the wall and even climbed up a little from the gutter to the deck to get a duckie, lol

(3) Next appointment date?  had 9 month well visit appt on friday- she was pleased with his progress in all areas, only one shot.  I was surprised he was only 20 lbs!  He feels a lot heavier!

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  He's not been falling asleep nicely - even having him watch baby einstein's lullaby dvd, which is our last resort, hasn't been working

(5) When (which week) are you planning/did you plan to stop traveling while pg?  36th - my last shower was at 35 weeks and it was 3 hours away!

(6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I've heard that this could delay verbal speech - any concerns? 

I want to.  I know many cases where it's been extremely helpful for parents. Most of those concerns about delayed speech are unfounded.  I took a course in ASL (american sign language) and we discussed it there as well.  I need to watch the video and use the signs with him more. 

1.  Ugh - I spit on a tissue and then wiped something off his face.  I apologized immediately.

2. Bedsharing. 

• Options
    imagevanilla15:

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? t.i.r.e.d. & ready to not be pg anymore, but not necessarily ready for a newborn either!!!  always fear of the unknown!

This was me!  I was frightened of having a newborn (and trying to live on the lack of sleep), but I was SO DONE being pg! 

Hang in there!

• Options
    1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 8w2d

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  So far so good, just still very tired and I feel like I am out of breathe a lot faster than I used to be.  Just a simple task of going up the stairs gets my heart pumping and I feel winded ;)  Has anyone else felt this way?  Also, just got all my blood work tests back and cystic fibrosis and I'm all good :)

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  September 8th for my 10 wk appointment

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  Nothing really so far, just making sure I'm eating all the right things and trying to keep eating every 2 hours.  I have been lucky so far to have no m/s so I hope to try to prevent it as much as possible through food ;)   (I will probably start to get m/s now since I just said that)Also, I'm noticing I'm breaking out more and it drives me nuts!  I'm not normally one who breaks out unless it's that time of the month, but now I'm starting to break out a lot which is huge for me :(

(5) When (which week) are you planning/did you plan to stop traveling while pg?   I'm not a good a flyer to begin...I normally have to take Xanax so needless to say I'm going nowhere unless I have to.  Unfortunately, I went to AZ two weekends after we found out and I hated it, but we had already planned to go so I did it w/out my Xanax.  Also, we have a trip planned in October to go see my Dad and also already bought our plane tix so I know I have to go to that too.  I'm excited to see my dad, not excited about the flight.  After that trip, I plan to go nowhere unless we drive somewhere local.

(6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I don't really have any opinions on this.  Maybe the basics of "more" like most babies do, but other than that I never really thought about it and might not.

(7) Mamas-to-be: What's something you say you'd never do, but secretly think that you might?  Be crazy over protective and anal about every little thing and run to the baby everytime the baby cries.

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • Options
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 39w2d(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Feeling good, not ready to evict him yet, unless he's ready :)  Sleeping is going alright but I'm getting up constantly to use the restroom and my hips ache when I get out of bed, ouch!  We'll see how I feel next week and if I'm ready to say 'it's TIME' :)(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? Today for our weekly check-up(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Just the soreness in the hip area? Nothing too bad.  We braved our local fair, at 39 weeks pg, who would have thought?  I made it about 5 hours before we had to go home.(5) When (which week) are you planning/did you plan to stop traveling while pg? We went to Mexico at 20 weeks and had no other plans to travel after that.  We did a road trip at 29 weeks, just a short one.(6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I've heard that this could delay verbal speech - any concerns? Haven't given it much thought yet.eta: Mamas-to-be: What's something you say you'd never do, but secretly think that you might? I agree about the TV, I have it on right now while I'm on mat leave and think it may be hard to break that habit as I (like Leah said) like the background noise.  I can also see myself still trying to get everything done around the house, I'm anal about dishes being left in the sink, etc.  That will probably change very quickly! 
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• Options
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?19 weeks today! (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?I feel great! I started feeling baby taps this week, which is making this all very real now. We also went in for our BIG u/s this morning. It was awesome seeing baby, since the last u/s we had was at 7 weeks. We had the tech write down the sex in a card, and we are having a big reveal party in CA this Saturday. So it's kinda fun not knowing at this minute, but I cannot wait to see if my intuition is right (I think boy, DH thinks girl!) (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?Just had the big one today, so the next appt is Sept. 21st.  (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?n/a (5) When (which week) are you planning/did you plan to stop traveling while pg? I'm thinking we won't go anywhere for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I'll be about 32 weeks at Thanksgiving, so we will probably take our last trip to CA before that. My MIL wants to do a shower, plus all our friends live out there.  (6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I've heard that this could delay verbal speech - any concerns? I think it's pretty cool, but I don't see us doing this.  (7) Mamas:  What's something you said you'd never do, but then did?eta: Mamas-to-be: What's something you say you'd never do, but secretly think that you might?Hmm, that's a hard one to say right now. I'm still in this world of thinking I will do alot of things differently, although I know this will change once baby is actually here! (8) What questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?
    TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?
  • Options
    imageOceangirl22:
    I feel great! I started feeling baby taps this week, which is making this all very real now. We also went in for our BIG u/s this morning. It was awesome seeing baby, since the last u/s we had was at 7 weeks. We had the tech write down the sex in a card, and we are having a big reveal party in CA this Saturday. So it's kinda fun not knowing at this minute, but I cannot wait to see if my intuition is right (I think boy, DH thinks girl!) 

This is so cool!  What a great idea.  I would be dying right now not knowing what the sex is, but the envelope is just staring at me right in the face!  Have fun Saturday, can't wait to hear what the big reveal is :)

• Options
    imageMauiBride2008:
    imageOceangirl22:
    I feel great! I started feeling baby taps this week, which is making this all very real now. We also went in for our BIG u/s this morning. It was awesome seeing baby, since the last u/s we had was at 7 weeks. We had the tech write down the sex in a card, and we are having a big reveal party in CA this Saturday. So it's kinda fun not knowing at this minute, but I cannot wait to see if my intuition is right (I think boy, DH thinks girl!) 

This is so cool!  What a great idea.  I would be dying right now not knowing what the sex is, but the envelope is just staring at me right in the face!  Have fun Saturday, can't wait to hear what the big reveal is :)

You haven't even snuck a little peek? I'd be going nuts knowing it was right there and I hadn't looked!!  

• Options

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? Bella is 13 months today and I'm 10 weeks and 2 days... where is the time going?

(2) Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?
    We had an appt yesterday and the update was posted on here... as for Bella we have her 1 yr check up (yes a month late) next week.

(3) Next appointment date?  see above... my next appt is Sept 10. 

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  she's back to waking up and nursing at night, I'm not sure what to do about this but I'm COMPLETELY exhausted and don't have the energy to try too much... I just nurse her and she goes back to sleep... it's the easy way out I know... any suggestions? Another challenge, weaning... I honestly didn't think it would be this hard! We're down to 4 nursing sessions a day but when she wants it, she wants it! She tugs at my shirt and everything... Any tips? I don't want it to be abrupt but I'd like to be done by the time she's 15 months, that only gives me 2 months.

(5) When (which week) are you planning/did you plan to stop traveling while pg?  Not sure this time... I'd love to take a babymoon with Bella sometime... 

(6) Do you (or do you plan to) use baby sign language?  I've heard that this could delay verbal speech - any concerns? 

Not so much, she only has one hand so we'd have to modify everything and honestly I want her to talk! We work hard on practicing words and she's getting some of them and for sure she's babbling more.

Co-sleep... I didn't want to but again, out of sheer exhaustion I did it. I've even tried co-sleeping in the mornings to get her to sleep longer but she rolls around and babbles so that doesn't work! Oh and the TV thing too, I didn't want to but Ryan started watching mickey mouse clubhouse on the weekends with her when I was working and she LOVES it. It's only 30 mins and it's not like she really watches the whole thing but man, she stops whatever she's doing and crawls into the living room right away. It's nice when you need to make a quick phone call though!

• Options

almost 9 months 2 wks

i don't think i had a chance to post last week during the check in... not really "milestones" per se, but she has learned a few new things in the last few weeks.... 

she knows how to clap her hands now :)

she figured out how to drink from a straw

she said "buh bye" twice to our sitter when she went home...and since then she practices saying it (while waving her hand up and down) while she is sitting on the potty of all places LOL i don't know how to get her to understand that isn't the right time/place to say it, but we just keep saying it to her when either of us leaves the room and hopefully she will pick up on it soon :)

we just had her 9 month check up last week and everything went well. pedi recommended started her on some meats to get more protein in her diet and also b/c her iron was normal but low normal.

trying to find a new babysitter now that ours is moving :(  we had a coworker of mine watching her for us so it was nice to be able to trust someone completely w/her while i went back to work.  saying bye to her yesterday was sooo hard.

the good thing is we have 2 good candidates we are looking at right now. it's just so hard to decide and figure out who will be best w/her

my ob said no traveling more than 4 hrs' drive away after 34 wks. the last flight i took was around 26 wks i think? can't remember now!

yes but only a few of the big words to help both of us along. everything i have read has said that it actually helps babies speak sooner, not later. from what i can tell, her verbal communication is just great and has not been hindered by the fact that we sign to her.  she'll sign "milk" to me b/c i have been doing that one w/her for months.... i just started a few weeks ago with "more" and "done" so i am not sure how long before she picks up on those.

i never thought i'd want to be a SAHM.  i always figured that after years and years of going to school and hundreds of thousands of dollars, that i would never want to let my education "go to waste" by being a SAHM. not sure if i will actually ever stop working (at least part time), but i no longer think it would be a "waste" for me to stay at home w/her.

before she was born, i also never thought i would ever let her cry, even for a minute.  but when she was a newborn i quickly learned that if she woke up in the middle of the night, sometimes it wasn't from hunger and if i would just wait a few minutes, she'd just roll over and go right back to sleep. and now that she is older and sees us leaving the room, she'll cry and i just have to let her. i don't ever let her wail, but we've learned that she'll either fuss or "fake cry" (no tears) for a few minutes or so just to see if we will come back into the room and then she is perfectly fine and plays for a few minutes and then goes to sleep.  before this realization i would keep coming back in and trying to console her but all it did was make things worse to where it would escalate to frantic crying and wailing.  now there are times when she starts wailing and i come back in right away and it's usually b/c she is still hungry so i just feed her and then put her back in the crib and she is fine :)

• Options

3.5 months

Kinda nervous about starting a new job at this point in time...

4 month appt

Getting LO to STTN again...we're getting close!

I think my last trip (which was a road trip) was in the middle of my 2nd tri. My first/last flight was during my 1st tri (booked before we got pg). I pretty much wanted to travel as little as possible once I found out I was pg and we only did that one road trip during 2nd tri.

No, I'm not sure what that really entails...

Want to be a SAHM =P

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    imageMrsZiz:
    imageMauiBride2008:
    imageOceangirl22:

You haven't even snuck a little peek? I'd be going nuts knowing it was right there and I hadn't looked!!  

OMG, it's so hard not to look! But, I just think about how much fun it will be to be genuinely surprised with all our close friends and family. We are doing the cake thing (blue or pink on the inside) so it will be really fun to find out with everyone else. But yes, I'm dying to know...only 3 more days though. I'll be strong! :) 

• Options
    imageOceangirl22:
    imageMrsZiz:

OMG, it's so hard not to look! But, I just think about how much fun it will be to be genuinely surprised with all our close friends and family. We are doing the cake thing (blue or pink on the inside) so it will be really fun to find out with everyone else. But yes, I'm dying to know...only 3 more days though. I'll be strong! :) 

can't wait to hear how it goes - i couldn't stand it!!  haha.  but it's going to be so much fun!!  (who's making the cake?  *somebody* besides the u/s tech has to know - and i'd be begging them to tell me, even if i didn't look at the envelope!  haha)

• Options
    imageSanHawaii08:
    imageOceangirl22:
    imageMrsZiz:

can't wait to hear how it goes - i couldn't stand it!!  haha.  but it's going to be so much fun!!  (who's making the cake?  *somebody* besides the u/s tech has to know - and i'd be begging them to tell me, even if i didn't look at the envelope!  haha) 

Yeah how do you know what color to put inside the cake if you don't know? Who knows? Come on give them your SN and log on so they can tell us! Smile We're good at keeping secrets and we won't tell anyone at your party! 

• Options
    imageMrsZiz:
    imageSanHawaii08:
    imageOceangirl22:
    imageMrsZiz:

Yeah how do you know what color to put inside the cake if you don't know? Who knows? Come on give them your SN and log on so they can tell us! Smile We're good at keeping secrets and we won't tell anyone at your party! 

hahaha! I actually had my boss email our cake baker (we are having the party in CA and I'm in Texas) so basically she's the ONLY one who knows. She's a VERY good secret keeper! I will make sure and post some pics after the party though.  

• Options
    imageMrsZiz:
    imageSanHawaii08:
    imageOceangirl22:
    imageMrsZiz:

Angel

• Options

imageSanHawaii08:

getting enough water, and sleep.  i know i don't drink enough water Embarrassed, and at night, i get up every 3 hours to pee and drink more water, b/c i'm so parched.  i really, really, really want just 1 night where i sleep for 8 hours straight - i *never* used to wake up at night, but those days ended as soon as i got the BFP!

This used to happen to me too.  there came a point in the PG where i was always up every few hours to pee!! they say it is to prepare you for nights w/a newborn!! :/

imageredshoegirl:
    it aggravates me that when he "watches" them, he parks them in their rocker chairs and then plays on his computer or whatever instead of interacting with them.

I get mad about this too!!! i think it's definitely a guy thing.

imagemyday1708:

Alexa is ... WALKING! She has been standing up on her own, then she took ONE step, and on Saturday she took SEVEN steps! On Sunday, her unassisted step cound went up to 11, 17 and 31! Wow! She still crawls a lot, but she is technically a walker!
    yay, how exciting!!! get ready to start chasing her everywhere now :)

imagevanilla15:
    Hopefully by that time, NOLA will have more healthy fast food options (why can't we have Panera Bread, Chipotle, etc here??) 

haha...hate to break it to you, but Chipotle is not really healthy... I am not sure about their salads, but their burritos are typically 1,000+ calories each!!

• Options
    imagemrspresley:

haha...hate to break it to you, but Chipotle is not really healthy... I am not sure about their salads, but their burritos are typically 1,000+ calories each!!

Sad but true, I love that place! I always get the veggie burrito but it's SO tasty. 

• Options
    imageMrsZiz:
    imagemrspresley:

Sad but true, I love that place! I always get the veggie burrito but it's SO tasty. 

i always get the veggie (black bean) fajita burrito, with guacamole!  yum...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"