Health & Exercise

Should I make a dental appt or not?

I am just over 12 weeks and have had a toothace for a few weeks. The pain has been off and on (right now you'd never know I had a toothache), mostly in the evening and early morning. The pain rotates from the top and bottom on the same side. I am not sure if I should make a dentist appt or not. I have been taking Tylenol when I can't stand the pain, but I have to have a root canal or something while I am pregnant. My dr said it's completely fine to have dentist work, I just feel guilty if I do. Then I worry about if there could be infections.. I just don't know what to do. I am going to call my dentist after work, but I'd like some of your feedback. Thanks!!

Re: Should I make a dental appt or not?

• I would go to the dentist. Beside the fact that it can be bad to get an infection while pregnant it is nearly impossible to find time to go to the dentist with a newborn. You should get it taken care of now. In the long run its best for you and the baby to go to the dentist now. HTH.
  • I would definately make a dentist appointment.  In addition to the fact that you have a toothache, many pregnant women have other problems with their gums when they get into the 2nd and 3rd tris.

Due June 10, 2014

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imagefirsttimeaunt:
    I would definately make a dentist appointment.  In addition to the fact that you have a toothache, many pregnant women have other problems with their gums when they get into the 2nd and 3rd tris.

I would agree go to the dentist. I went early on ( around 13weeks) and found out that all of the hormones made my freakin wisdom teeth to decide to start trying to come in ( I'm 30..never had problems with my teeth before) and my gums were becoming infected, that was the cause of the pain.I was prescribed 5 days of an antibotic safe for pregnant women and have had no problems since. Though they need to be removed and the dentist wouldn't remove them while I was pregnant (can't have anesthia..lol i think i spelled that wrong) atleast I now know the source of my pain and know what do as soon as my bundle of joy arrives.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dentists are very aware of what is safe and what isn't.  if you trust your dentist just go see him !  :o)-
    I was married June 16, 2007 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"