1st Trimester
Options

Question about your BFP---

Hi ladies!  Congrats first of all.  I have such a newbie question---and I should know this considering I have a 2 yr old already but I really don't recall.  We are TTC right now--cycle 3---and I'm in the 2 ww.  I should be getting my period at some point this week and I have cramps that feel like it's coming any minute. 

I hear that many girls felt this exact way right before they took a test and got a BFP.  Of course of all mornings, I couldn't get a good temp reading today so not sure if I got the drop or not.  I took it after only 1.5 hrs of continuous sleep and it was still "up"...but again, I feel like the red-headed witch is going show.  I'm so sad.....I so wanted it to be this month.  I've been testing and it's been BFN--last test was Sat morning---so I wasn't going to test again until this Friday.

One more question--did you guys get a ton of headaches right around your BFP?  Again, that could be PMS too--but I had the worst migraine on Saturday, and I NEVER get migraines. 

Told ya---newbie questions!  Thanks for humoring me ladies and enjoy these 9 months.  They definitely fly.

Re: Question about your BFP---

• Options

Yeah, totally got a debilitating headache 2 days before. The next day I was convinced it was PMS and that I wasn't pregnant. Went to the bar, had a glass of wine and half of a cigarette and realized that it was all completely revolting to me!

So I tested again and got a super faint line at 9 DPO.

I was also cramping and hysterical over pretty much nothing, too. I didn't temp or chart, we got our BFP our first cycle TTC, but man did it feel like I was about to get my period on Friday and I got that BFP on Saturday morning.

• Options

I don't normally have PMS symptoms. Normally I just have some cramping the night before or a few hours before getting my period.  Since I tested 2-3 days before my expected period I had no real symptoms.

I'm not inclined to get headaches and the week of my BFP was no exceptions. 

I think my only real symptom was a racing heart-rate, but that could have been anxiety. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I definitely thought I was having period cramps. I kept telling my mom and friends "ugh, my period is coming soon." I took a test when I was two days late, and it was BFN. And I took another one six days later, and it was a BFP.

I didn't have any headaches before I tested, but I have had a couple recently. 

Good Luck (: 

• Options

I definitely had cramps a few days before my BFP.  After TTC for 4 years, I thought for sure it was just the onset of another wonderful period.  You never know....

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

LOL - I just posted below about how funny it is that I've forgotten so much about being pregnant even though my ds is only 2!

I had awful headaches for about 2 days right around the time I got my bfp. I tested a day before my period was due. 

GL!

• Options
    I've had lots of cramping with both pregnancies- I totally thought I was about to start my period with this one (I got a late BFP). When I was pregnant with DD, the day before I got my BFP (at 9DPO) I had a horrible debilitating headache and felt sooo sick. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

With my DS and this time I had cramps that felt just like PMS cramps! With my DS I kept telling my BFF that it was my period and it was just screwy and late allt he time anyway, but I humored her and took a test she had anyway. And....now I have a 2 year old little boy :) Same thing this time, went in to my ObGyn for a scheduled appt and they told me I was PG. Thought I was cramping b/c AF was on her way. I have also had headaches.

• Options

Thanks ladies----you guys have given me a glimmer of hope.  I really hope she stays away for the next couple of years.  LOL

• Options
    I felt like I was going to get my period for the a week or so after I found out.  No headaches, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had zero symptoms, other than a period that didn't show up, and a temp that went up 2 days after my period was late.
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options
    I had such bad cramps that I wore a panti-liner everyday because I kept thinking I was going to get my period any minute. I started to notice the cramps were a little different the other day. When I slept at night, it hurt to have my legs close together. I was like that when I was PG with DD. I had to sleep with a pillow between my legs. Also, I felt pressure right near my UTE. I've also been really tired lately. I did get a crazy migraine last week, but it only lasted a couple of hours.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had headaches and very mild cramping starting 3 days before my BFP. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"