Detroit Babies
Options

anyone else having a bday party in a park?

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I'm wondering what you're doing about tables, chairs, and maybe a tent?

I want to have it in a park across the street from us, but I hate the hassle of having to rent a bunch of stuff?

Plus, doesn't decorating become more of a challenge??? 

Re: anyone else having a bday party in a park?

• Options

Were having DS 1st birthday at a park and just using the picinic tables provided. For decorating we are just hanging some stuff and using balloons. Our main reason for doing it at a park is to keep the older kids entertained... there is a really nice play structure there.

However, if you have to rent tables, chairs, etc... that might be more expensive than having it at a venue. All that stuff adds up!

• Options

We are renting a pavilion at a local park that includes picnic tables, electricity, a playscape and bathrooms that are attached to the pavilion. 

I wouldn't want to rent something b/c than without electricity it would be a pain for us. We are bringing a radio and some crock pots/roasters to keep food warm.

So for decor I bought table clothes and am using streamers and making pom poms to hang and banners.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never done a party at a park, but check w/the city you may have to get a permit to rent the pavilion.  I would think you could just use the picnic tables there and have a few family members bring their extra folding/camping chairs for people to sit on.  You could get some plastic tables clothes and a few balloons and there's your decorations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"