New to The Bump
Options

i'm so new it's ridiculous!

SO, i have a ton on questions!! Any if all or any of my questions answers will help!!

1) is it possible to start showing at 8 weeks?

2) Are cramps normal at 8 weeks?

3) I'm ALWAYS hungry! any suggestions for food that keep you satisfied for a couple hours?

4) Besides water, what else can i drink?

5) How weight should i have gained by now? I've gained like 5 lbs.

i have a ton more but these are the ones i've been wondering about the most! THANKS!

Re: i'm so new it's ridiculous!

• Options

Hello!

1.  If you are thin you might start showing earlier than others.

2.  Everyone's body is different.  What kind of cramps? Any spotting?

3.  You should eat foods high in fiber, fruits, veggies and whole grains. It will help with the constipation from the prenatal vitamins too!

4.  You can drink juice or soda if you want.   I would limit to one caffenated beverage a day.

5.  Again, everyone gains weight at different rates.  It's all based on your body's needs.  Remember that you only need 300 more calories a day, you aren't eating for 2!!!!

A Team Green, Little Boy!! Parker David June 2, 2011 5:19PM 9lbs 4oz and 21 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thanks for the response. As far as cramps go, they feel like period cramps but no spotting. Eating is a battle for me. i'm ALWAYS hungry! i'm trying not to eat for two but i'm so hungry i can't stop. :( Could i be having twins?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    J+MSJ+MS member

1) is it possible to start showing at 8 weeks?

At 8 weeks your uterus is still in the pelvic area. If you're showing now, it's just bloat.

2) Are cramps normal at 8 weeks?

I had cramps all the way till I was 11 weeks.

3) I'm ALWAYS hungry! any suggestions for food that keep you satisfied for a couple hours?

Peanut butter and milk worked for me.

4) Besides water, what else can i drink?

Lemonade, juice whatever you want basically. In the first trimester really watch your caffeine, once you're pass the MC point, you can have less than 300 mg. Obviously no alcohol in the early stages if at all.

5) How weight should i have gained by now? They say the normal is 5 pounds for the 1st tri. Your doc will tell you what to gain though.

GL!!

"Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Options

1. I didnt start showing at 8 weeks but you could certainly feel the change... and i am thin and short.. .everyone is different though

2. Yes cramps are normal at 8 weeks... if there is spotting or anything like that i would talk to your doc... maybe even call him over the cramping if you are worried

3. in the first tri i tried to eat lots of wheat and grains because not only did they help me with morning sickness but they also kept me full for more than 15 min Wink

4. Juice, juice and more juice : ) I would steer clear of sodas and coffee and alcohol, of course...  I love V8... its healthy, low in sugar and is refreshing after only drinking water all day....

5. Everyone is different about when they gain weight... some people say 5lbs in the first tri then one lb a week after that, some say none in the first tri then 1lb a week after that... but as long as you are staying healthy and active it really doesnt matter how much you gain... i didnt gain anything until 16 weeks then i gained 10lbs in 4 weeks and then started gaining about a lb a week after that... there are a lot of people on my board that have already gained 30lbs but look amazing and others that have only gained 5 at 30 weeks... it all depends on your pre pregnancy weight and how your body is carrying your baby ect. 

i cound this helpful  https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage Isaac's Momma
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"