Illinois Babies

Where to meet other moms-to-be?

I am pregnant with my first child.  My husband and friends are very supportive, but I need to meet people who understand what I am going through.  Where can I meet other moms-to-be around the Gold Coast/downtown?  My yoga instructor suggested prenatal yoga classes, for example.

Re: Where to meet other moms-to-be?

• The Chicago bump group meets occassionally. Other than that I don't know. I would be willing to meet people out at Starbucks to start a Chicago moms-to-be group.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi.  Great question! I am the only one of my friends who is having/will have a baby and I have no idea how to meet other new moms.  I was thinking of going to the new mom group my pedi has.  Also I have been going to a prenatal pilates class but I haven't really met anyone there.  The same studio (Soulistic) has a mommy and me yoga class that I might check out after the baby comes. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • A lot of people find mom groups in their area through meetup.com.  Personally, I had a bad experience through meetup.com. The first group in my area was not accepting new members because the group was already too large.  And the 2nd group had already formed their own "cliques" and they were not very warm and welcoming.  I showed up to one of their lunch meet-ups, and when I walked in everyone just stopped and stared at me.  I felt very awkward and introduced myself to the room, but no one extended the same welcome back.  It was all very strange.  I stayed for lunch and tried to give it a chance, but once lunch ended I couldn't have been more relieved.  Oh well. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think that Bump Club Chicago is a great way to meet other expecting moms.  The events are fun with great goody bags, raffle prizes, and food - and usually good information or a great discount at a local store!  
  • I am part of a group that I found on the bump.  It was started by a bumpie and she did it through meetup.com.  We have lots of fun.  The group has about 40 members but only about 10 of us are active.  It cost $10 for the year and we have lots of meetups thoughout the week and on the weekends.  The girls are very welcoming and freindly.  There are no cliques.  But we are in the northwest burbs.  I am not sure if you live around here or not but if you do let me know and I will send you a link.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepharmacygirl:
    I am part of a group that I found on the bump.  It was started by a bumpie and she did it through meetup.com.  We have lots of fun.  The group has about 40 members but only about 10 of us are active.  It cost $10 for the year and we have lots of meetups thoughout the week and on the weekends.  The girls are very welcoming and freindly.  There are no cliques.  But we are in the northwest burbs.  I am not sure if you live around here or not but if you do let me know and I will send you a link.

I'm not the original poster, but would be interested in hearing more about this group.  I'm in the far north suburbs.  Can you PM me some more info please?

Married 6/15/2007

J born 4/11/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey, KGunn.  I'm in Wicker Park, due in March and newish to the city.  I'd also like to meet other moms-to-be in the city.  If you do hear of any local groups that are meeting up, please shoot me a PM! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"