South Florida Babies
Options

A week late - Owen's birth story!

Hi girls!
I've wanted to write sooner but my I can't post from my phone and we are having issues with my laptop connecting to our wireless internet. Thank you ALL for the wonderful thoughts and good wishes on the birth of Owen.
Here's his birth story:
We checked into the hospital on Thursday, Aug 12 to start Cervadil. I was only 1cm dialated and 50% effaced but thankfully very soft so they thought I might actually go into labor that night. No such luck. At 7am on Friday, they started the Pitocin and by 10am, I was 3cm and got my epidural. I wasn't even waiting for the real pain to kick in this time ;-) They broke my water and by noon, I was already at 8cm. By 1, I was at 10cm and started pushing. Owen George (George was DH's grandad's name who passed away a year ago) was born at 1:50pm weighing 8lbs 7.2oz at 19.5 inches long (only we found out at his appt on Monday that he's actually 20.5 inches lol). It was quick and almost identical to my experience with Quinn! I had a few issues recovering and spent 3 extra hours in L&D because I got sick, but, other than that, it was great.
We left the hospital on Sunday and, since then, Owen has lost a bit of weight -- about 8.5% of his birth weight. The pediatrician was concerned so we've been going for weigh-ins and I was supposed to start supplementing with formula even though my milk came in on Sunday and I have no supply issues. Well, I think the little one just needed some time to adjust because he is now eating every 2 hours like a champ! He has pretty bad gas so I've cut out dairy and I burp him tons during each feeding. We have a weigh-in on Monday and I'm praying that he's gained! Fingers crossed! If not, we will definitely have to start the supplementing and move on to plan B (not sure what that is).
Everything else is truly great! Quinn was a little apprehensive about everything at the hospital, but as soon as Owen gave him his gift (Toy Story figurines), Quinn fell in love with him :-) When Owen cries, Quinn tells him "It's ok baby Owen" or "I'll kiss and make it better baby Owen." Melts my heart. I'm sure their will be some jealousy, but for now all is going very well. Owen has been sleeping for 5 hours straight at night starting 3 days ago so I'm extremely thankful for that as well!
OK, my "quick" update turned into a long post. Sorry! Thank you all again for all of the good thoughts :-)

Re: A week late - Owen's birth story!

• Options

Wow, sounds like you had a quick and great delivery.  Glad everyone is doing great and adjusting.  Hope to hear good news about Owen's weight gain soon!

CONGRATS again.  : )

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am glad you delivery went well and that all is running mostly smooth :) we need more pics!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Allison: So glad to see that you had a pretty smooth labor and delivery! Congrats on little Owen and i hope the weigh-in goes well on Monday! 

Laura 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    aww congrats!! I'm glad Quinn loves his little brother already:) I hope he starts gaining weight soon!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    congrats! a quick delivery is a great thing. enjoy your new little bundle! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Options
    I haven't been on here much.  Congrats again, girl!!  I really like the name you picked!!
  • Options
    Thanks Allison for your story. Glad owen is home now with the family. :) Praying he gains a little weight.
  • Options
    Congratulations!!  Quinn sounds like the best big brother ever!!  Enjoy your LO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"