Pregnant after 35
Options

Subchorionic Hemorrage.....

Starting bleeding hard last night, very sudden. So I rushed to the ER...I was sobbing the whole time. Was in the ER for hours. They found that I have a subchorionic hemorrage. What this means is there is a tear next to the baby's sac. I was told and later read that It will most likely heal and cause no more problems. But for now I am on bedrest and see my OB tomorrow. Baby was fine though, measured 12 wks and HB was 158. Could this be related to my age (I am 40) and does anyone know anything about condition?

Re: Subchorionic Hemorrage.....

• Options
    I don't know anything about this condition but I just wanted to say that must've been incredibly frightening for you and I'm so glad that the baby is fine and that the doctor's don't think it will cause any further problems.  I hope you are able to relax and get the rest you need!
    Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had one with my m/c at 8 weeks (m/c was NOT because of the hematoma). I have friends that had them and bled for weeks off and on and had successful, full-term, healthy pregnancies. This happens to women of all ages. Take it easy, rest up, and hopefully the bleeding tapers off and all is well.
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't have any more information than you do I just wanted to say that I am so sorry you had to go through that! I would have been losing my mind. I am really glad to hear that baby is looking good. Keep us posted!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had it too at 9 weeks. I don't think it is age related(I'm 40) but it scared the hell out of me. Everything was fine after it happened. But I do know people who had multiple ones and bled often and are still doing fine AND they were much younger than me. Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 40 too and at I spotted off and on (mostly on) during my first trimester of pregnancy. At about 10 weeks I woke out bleeding everywhere and was sure that I was having a m/c. I was never diagnosed with a hematoma- although  I suspect that's what it was- and have had a pretty uneventful pregnancy ever since (albeit with a lot of anxiety, but i guess that's normal). I'm 37 weeks now and just waiting to meet our beautiful new babe. I know it's scary, but hang in there.
  • Options
    I don't think it's age-related. Hope it goes away soon. Keep us updated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't really know anything about BUT I do know it's not your age. A friend of mine just told me she had the exact same thing about 2 weeks ago and she's in her early 30's, her baby is also fine :)

sorry it's not more but thought I should at least let you know that.

• Options

I have one as well - I'm 36 years old and 7w and have been spotting for like 2 weeks.  Finally slowed down this weekend.  The doctor is monitoring the hemorrhage with regular u/s.  I am on pelvic rest and as long as it doesn't get bigger, I don't have to be on bed rest or anything.  

I'm sick of seeing blood - it's so scary and I never know if its enough to call the doctor or wait it out.  

I have another u/s tomorrow morning and hopefully, finally, far along to see the heartbeat.  I hope you get reassurance when you see your OB tomorrow.  Mine is very very calming.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also had one between my 6th and 7th week.  I did not go to the doctor because I was out of town and was convinced I was miscarrying again.  I went to my first prenatal appt. fully expecting bad news.  Turns out everything was fine.  They could still see blood in there on the ultrasound, and they said my body would probably just absorb the rest...which it did.  They told me it was simply a popped blood vessel and it happens. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"