Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Please suggest your OB...Harrisburg/West shore area

I've decided to switch ob's.  I realize it is late in the "game", but i've had enough of them!  I've been going to Partners in Women's Healthcare in Lemoyne and they are awful!  Other than the first appointment, the doctors have been dismissive and have not been telling me anything!  I just called today to find out what exactly would be going on at my 24 week appt. on monday and found out that lo has a slightly dilated kidney that they found on the anatomy scan at my 20 week ultrasound.  The ONLY reason I found out about this was because the nurse said "are you calling to schedule your follow up ultrasound because of the kidney dilation"  This scared the crap out of me!  It was the first time I had been told anything about this!  I did a bit of research and found out it is fairly common with little boys, but this is not the way I wanted to find out and I should have been called.  So, anyway, I need to find a new ob.  Please suggest yours!  Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please suggest your OB...Harrisburg/West shore area

• Options
    I went to Cumberland Valley OBGYN and really enjoyed it there. There are three drs, an np and a ultrasound tech.  The one dr wasn't my favorite but everyone else in the practice was great.
  • Options
    I used to go there before I got pregnant and I thought they were awful too!!  I switched as soon as I got pregnant and now go to Center for Womens Health which is located right across the parking lot of Holy Spirit Hospital.  WONDERFUL practice...everyone is super nice and all doctors and midwifes are great.  Highly recommend them!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also went to Centers for Women's Health and everyone was great, doctors and midwives. They did not dismiss any of my questions and were  very open about everything to expect when I asked. Only problem is, they can be hard to get on the phone since they are so busy!
  • Options
    I went there before I got PG and hated them too. I went to Ndlovu Women's Health, which is at Harrisburg Hospital. I had a very difficult pregnancy and they were wonderful. Small practice, with only a few doctors.
  • Options
    I also had some bad experiences with Partners in Women's Health with my first pregnancy. This time I'm going to Woodward & Assoc. They're located in Middletown, but I wanted to see Sandy Woods, she's a midwife who came highly reccomended by a nurse friend.  So far she's great and I like the other doctors in the practice too.  The drive is longer, but totally worth it to me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use womens first on Union Deposit Road they also have an office in Mechanicsburg as well. I feel they are great. I never have to wait and everyone is friendly. Hope it all works out.
  • Options
    yep, i second woodward and assoc, the CNM's name is sandy hoops. i heart her!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"