Postpartum Depression

Anyone develop PPD later after delivery?

I think I've always had mild PPD, but I was coping as best I could.  My son is almost 9 months old.  I had a traumatic family event about a month and a half ago and I feel like my world has been turned upside down since.  I have this rage--it comes out of nowhere and I have to go away for an hour or so to calm down.  I have no energy to do anything, I'm driving my DH nuts.  My mood swings are crazy.  I feel like I'm losing my mind at times. 

Is it really possible to develop full-blown PPD 9 months after delivery?  How likely is that?  

Re: Anyone develop PPD later after delivery?

• it can happen up to a year after you stop breast feeding..... so yes very possible.
  • I'm going through something similar minus the traumatic event and I'm 13 months out.  I have an appointment with a counselor today.  I'll let you know what she says, but when DH called to make the appointment (couldn't even do that myself Sad) she told him what he was describing sounded a lot like PPD and he had already mentioned that our baby was 13 months old.
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I had a very similar experience, always think I had mild PPD, but recently after a couple of events it went full blown exactly how you described and I was diagnosed & put on meds this week.  10.5 months later.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • If you want to talk about it, please feel free to msg me on FB.  If not, and you need space...I'll pretend I didn't see this. 

Either way...I love you and you are a wonderful Mom and Wife!  I care...

• I was diagnosed until 7-8 mo PP. I didn't start to notice anything until about 6mo. Up until then I felt "ok"...definitely manageable. It took a lot longer for me to say "ok, this isn't normal."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerobbie3982:
    I'm going through something similar minus the traumatic event and I'm 13 months out.  I have an appointment with a counselor today.  I'll let you know what she says, but when DH called to make the appointment (couldn't even do that myself Sad) she told him what he was describing sounded a lot like PPD and he had already mentioned that our baby was 13 months old.

Just wanted to update you that it definitely is ppd for me.  I'm on zoloft now and it's made a HUGE difference.

Hope you're feeling better.  ::hugs::

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"