Military Families
Options

CDCs on Ft. Belvoir and Bolling AFB

Has anyone used the CDC on either base before? I am trying to figure out which CDC is better. We have the opportunity to live on either base, so the decision rests on which has the better care for our little one. Thanks for any feedback!!

Re: CDCs on Ft. Belvoir and Bolling AFB

• Options

We moved from Ft. Belvoir back in February. While there I had my twins girls in the in-home provider portion of CDC. I had 2 different providers while my girls were in care and both of them were wonderful. When I first signed up (when 11 weeks pregnant) I wanted one of the centers, but unfortunately I needed to find a spots for 2 infants, which are very hard to come by. The only available 2 infant spots was with my first in home provider. She had just moved onto post so she didn't have any other infants and could take both girls. I wanted them together no matter what. I loved her and was sad when she moved (her husband was a Marine stationed at Quantico and they were only at Belvoir until housing opened up for them at Quanitco). Once I had the girls in the in-home program I didn't want to give that up. Both of my providers followed what I was doing at home in regards to nap schedules and feeding schedules, so it made my life so much easier with twins. Also my providers worked with me in regards to schedule because my DH travels 90% of the time and at the time I had just started a new job and had to work the 10-6 shift for the first 4 months and dc ends at 6pm. The centers are very strict on this you have to pick your kids up before 6. My providers let me pick them up at 6:30 because I didn't drop them off until 9:30 in the morning, giving them more freedom early in the morning.

So my experience was great with both of my in-home providers. I would contact the CDC at Belvoir right away about care if you are interested. I don't know your little ones age or situation, but I know when I signed up there were 95 infants on the waiting list (infants at CDC is up to age 2). When I left it was not as long, it goes in waves depending on transfer season. I actually had to wait 3 months after the girls were born (they were born in July) before I was able to get them into daycare, so I didn't go back to work until they were almost 5 months (it took me 2 months to find a job).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"