Detroit Babies
Options

Need B-day party advice please

I think we have like 75 people invited to the birthday party. We have to do it a few weeks before her bday since my sister is due right around dds bday and I want to be able to fly out to boston for the birth.

So we are going to have it at a park the first weekend of oct. What food would be good or what would you vote for?

chicken/potatoes from chicken shack?

hamburgers/hot dogs/sub snadwichs?

pulled pork/brisket and a pasta?

I am also making crock pot mac and cheese, pasta salad, taco salad and fruit/veggies.

Would it be weird to serve cider with these types of foods? along with pop, beer, water, and lemonade

Any other ideas for food?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Need B-day party advice please

• Options
    Hamburgers/Hot dogs/Subs are pretty easy. I'm a huge fan of pulled pork though! I think what you have sounds really good. The sides seem good and go well together. And I would serve cider :) I'm sure everyone would enjoy it since it's fall!
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options

I also think hamburgers/hot dogs/sub sandwiches are a good plan. Pretty easy to do, most everyone will like one of the three, and you've got nice side dishes to choose from. I would definitely serve cider, too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i also vote for hamburgers/hotdogs and sandwiches.  and definitely on the cider - yum!
  • Options
    Hot dogs and burgers are always a good bet. Cider goes with EVERYTHING in the fall. I would also suggest cake...lots and lots of yummy cake :)
  • Options

well that makes it easy! Dh and the grandpas can man the grill. Vince and joes has pre made burgers that are really good. Thanks!

No worries on the cake! We are having a dessert table with cupcakes, cookies, a pie and probably some candy!

I am also making a ton of pom poms for decor so if anyone wants to buy them from me after let me know! The party is polka dot theme so they are all different colors!

• Options
    image? J & R 07 ?:

well that makes it easy! Dh and the grandpas can man the grill. Vince and joes has pre made burgers that are really good. Thanks!

No worries on the cake! We are having a dessert table with cupcakes, cookies, a pie and probably some candy!

I am also making a ton of pom poms for decor so if anyone wants to buy them from me after let me know! The party is polka dot theme so they are all different colors!

Everything sounds great!!!  Care to make that 76.5 invited? Wink

• Options
    imageMrs.CFH2:
    image? J & R 07 ?:

Everything sounds great!!!  Care to make that 76.5 invited? Wink

THIS. Lol.

I love the idea of the polka dot  theme. Do you know what she is going to wear yet? 

• Options

I bought a dress from another bumpie that is polka dot with a bow that says birthday girl.

Than for the cake eating part I am going to get a onesie from etsy that has a one on it in polka dot with a ruffle butts diaper cover to go over it.

I choose polka dot b/c it seemed easy. So really it is just multi color with some polka dot accents.

• Options
    We ordered some food platters from Apple Annies. YUMMY!  The Chicken is delicious!  Chicken Shake is good too. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

Those patties from Vince and Joe's are so yummy!!!! And um, what color pom poms? LOL, I'm looking for decorations to finish up DD's room, and I'd rather buy them from you than have to make them!

<------Lazy Mittens!

• Options
    I am making 8 of every color in purple, bright blue, orange, yellow, red, and green. I will take pics when I am done! Or if you only need a couple I will have extra tissue paper and will just give it to you. They are pretty easy! 
  • Options

image? J & R 07 ?:
    I am making 8 of every color in purple, bright blue, orange, yellow, red, and green. I will take pics when I am done! Or if you only need a couple I will have extra tissue paper and will just give it to you. They are pretty easy! 

Sweet :) thanks so much! I will probably want them all (LOL).  Let me know when you're done with them and we can work it out.

• Options

Well Dh vetoed the hamburger/hot dogs for the bday party. He doesn't want to be stuck at the grill the whole time. So now I am back to wondering what to serve.

any other ideas?

• Options

With all the sides/salads you are planning to make, I think you'd be fine with just subs as your "main dish." It's perfect picnic food anyway. :)

• Options

I was going to vote for Chicken Shack or a sub anyway before I read that your DH vetoed the burgers:)  Anything that is less work for you gets my vote.  We had coneys from Kerby's and they were a huge hit. 

• Options
    The subs or Chicken Shack would be the easiest then.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"