3rd Trimester
Options

A Baby Story - would you do it?

They're always in our area and I actually thought about it for a moment.  Would you go on A Baby Story?  

Pro's for me -

A little extra income would be nice because I don't get paid for half of my 12 weeks

It's a great documentation for LO to have

Con's -

All those people in my delivery room... eck

Invasion of privacy during a very private time 

WDYT?  Would you do it? 

Re: A Baby Story - would you do it?

• Options
    nope - not for me.  To me, its a very private meaninful moment that I want to share with only those I chose too. 
  • Options

imagebrauchtm:
    nope - not for me.  To me, its a very private meaninful moment that I want to share with only those I chose too. 

That's where I'm leaning towards.  I don't want my in-laws visiting me at the hospital... I don't know why my crazy brain even considered a camera crew lol 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope! I think that would complicate everything for me cause I'm kind of a shy person IRL and I would feel uncomfortable with that many people in the room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How much do they pay for it just out of curiousity I dont think i would do it and I know they are never in my area.(North Dakota)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's not for me, but I definitely do not judge those who go on the show.
    DSC_0330editedimage
    The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I say to each their own. I love to watch it and if people didnt do it I would have no reason to sit with a box or tissues and let the tears roll! Me myself I would consider it for maybe a second or third child, but this first one I think I want private. And I dont want my vagina on tv....  I dunno!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm actually watching that show right now :) Is this your first LO? If it wasn't my first I would def. say yes, but without knowing what to expect I may be hesitant for my first. Just depends on your comfort level w/ strangers in the room & thousands of ppl at home watching you in pain.
  • Options

imagejessiemt:
    How much do they pay for it just out of curiousity I dont think i would do it and I know they are never in my area.(North Dakota)

I'm not sure.  I looked on their website but I couldn't find any concrete numbers. 

Edit - You have to agree to pay local/state taxes on all cash gifts... but no numbers are posted. 

• Options
    Maybe. That's all I can say.
  • Options

imagekvanko:
    I'm actually watching that show right now :) Is this your first LO? If it wasn't my first I would def. say yes, but without knowing what to expect I may be hesitant for my first. Just depends on your comfort level w/ strangers in the room & thousands of ppl at home watching you in pain.

Yep it's our first  :).  I was watching the episode that was on a half hour ago with the little boy born without fully developed fingers on his left hand and the father mentioned that TLC asked if they still wanted the episode aired.  I guess if something unexpected happens like that they give you the option.  I doubt we'll apply (I don't DH would go for it) lol.

• Options
    I have defnitely thought about it... although I don't think they would come to my little town but I would probably not end up doing it.
  • Options
    I would consider doing it if DH were on board with it.  It would be cool to show LO when he was older.
  • Options

From TLC's website: 

A BABY STORY, is currently looking for couples in the following cities & their surrounding areas:

New York 
    Chicago
    Miami 
    Dallas

Please contact us if:

• You are an expectant Mom or Dad-to-be planning to deliver in one of the four locations listed above.
    • You are willing to share the most intimate details of your life on national television.
    • You feel that you have a special and unique story to share.

Apply via email at baby@trueentertainment.net

OR

Mail your letters to:

True Entertainment 
    601 West 26th Street 
    Suite 1336 ? Attn: Baby Story Casting 
    New York, NY 10001

Please be sure to include your full name, address, due date, doctor and delivery hospital.

A Baby Story is waiting to hear from you!

Damn! I would totally do it if they filmed in Austin! We're birthing at a free-standing birth center and I know I would have loved to see more birth center births on that show!

• Options
    No way.  DH and I have friends who work in the reality TV business.  You don't get final say over the editing of the footage.  Not that TLC or anyone else necessarily has an agenda, but what goes to air may not represent me truthfully.  I'm more worried about letting someone else introduce a stranger with my face to the world than showing any private parts on TV.  (Although, if that were the case, at least I could say, "Did that person act like me? Well, then it wasn't my vagina you saw.")
  • Options

I was going to do Platinum Weddings.  We were actually filming four days before my wedding when I thought, "WHAT am I doing?"  I was an event designer at the time, so I knew that it would be good for my business.  As we were filming I realized that I did not want this camera crew at an intimate event - even if it did mean lots of "goodies" and future business prospects.  My vendors were not happy, to say the least, and we ended up paying for a lot of the things that were going to be "thrown in."  In the end, while it ended up costing us more money, it was worth it to maintain our privacy and to keep the event just about the two of us.  

So, for me, I cannot imagine having a camera crew there during an even more intimate moment. 

• Options

image8yearslater:
    No way.  DH and I have friends who work in the reality TV business.  You don't get final say over the editing of the footage.  Not that TLC or anyone else necessarily has an agenda, but what goes to air may not represent me truthfully.  I'm more worried about letting someone else introduce a stranger with my face to the world than showing any private parts on TV.  (Although, if that were the case, at least I could say, "Did that person act like me? Well, then it wasn't my vagina you saw.")

This is what my original thought was. The show is going to spin anything in THEIR favor to create ratings. And do you want your fits of hormones featured on television?

• Options
    No I dont want the whole country watching me give birth... to me that is very private and I only want my dh and the medical personel there.
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • Options
    You know, I probably would.
    imageimage
  • Options
    i'd do it, if they'd come to MD. No biggie for me. But then again, this is my third and my expectations of any privacy was shattered with my first when I saw the 'village' of nurses and other medical personnel in the room.
  • Options
    In a heart beat.  I would love the ideal of having people come in your home and share with you your first night as a parent.  I loved the show and I have been trying to get casting for it.  This is my first pregnancy, my first child and I would be elated to share that with the world.  Plus Minnesota has beautiful hospitals and June will be the perfect time to shoot a show.  I know it will be hilarious and fun.  My husband is in the entertainment community and I have always wanted to be, so to be on TV in our home state would be awesome!
  • Options
    nope not for me

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    I love when people dig up old posts from years ago for no reason!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    @june&william1

How'd you even find this ancient post?'

image image
  • Options
    @rondackhiker this is her only post, she won't come back. since she wants to get cast, i'll bet she found the thread via google.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That show is terrible. I would not contribute to this crazy notion labor and birth is so dramatic. It's part of the problem!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"