Philadelphia Babies
Options

Riddle vs. Del County

Hey I'm a total newbie to this place!  I am new to the philly area too! I don't have any input on what each hospital is like in the area.  I am trying to decide between Riddle and Deleware County Memorial.  I am looking for any pros/cons from each hospital.  Also any OB recs from either hospital???  Thanks everyone!

Re: Riddle vs. Del County

• Options

I don't know anything about Delaware County to give you a comparison but I had good experiences at Riddle with both my deliveries.  For an OB/GYN, I recommend Riddle OB/GYN Associates.  They have offices at Riddle and in Westtown.  My one issue at Riddle was that I didn't find the nurses to be particularly helpful with breastfeeding (if that's a consideration for you) and was pressured to offer my baby a bottle with my 2nd delivery.  The best breastfeeding help I got was from my childrens' pedi who is a 63 year old man!

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I had a great experience at Riddle.  Everyone was great.

One of the NICU nurses was incredibly helpful with BFing.  Lactation Consultant also came by and was around for questions. 

My OB is Granite Rub OB/Gyn.  They are in the hospital.  Nice staff.  Very convenient as they are always at the ready for deliveries. 

Do NOT go to DelCo!  Many bad experiences of family and friends.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered dd at Bryn Mawr so I dont have any direct experience with either hospital, but from the advice of friends and neighbors I would suggest Riddle over Delaware County.  I have known people to deliver at both and were perfectly fine, but I think you might have a more pleasant experience and be surrounded with more modern services if you went to Riddle. You might want to find out information about their NICU and even do a quick tour to decide which youre most comfortable with. Its worth the 10 minute tour to make sure you feel comfortable. Also, if youre close to Riddle and DelCo are you also close to Lankenau? Thats a great hospital for OB and I have heard numerous positive experiences there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delievered at Riddle and had a great experience.  My Ob/gyn is Dr. Seeney and her practice is in the hospital.  I've been going to her since I was 16 for regular gyn appointments and she is great! I've known 2 close friends who delivered at Delaware County and were not happy with their experiences, but I'm sure that there are good and bad stories about both hospitals. Good Luck!
  • Options

Thanks Ladies!

The reason I was considering Delaware County was bc my primary doctor is "family medicine" and does deliever babies.  I really like the staff at my doctors office because they are young enthusiastic and are people I can relate to. However my guy tells me to go with an OB.

Riddle is the closest to me and DC and Lank are further away. 

Based on the hospital recs I am going with my gut feeling of Riddle.  Thanks for the recs on OBs.  I will definetly check them out. 

• Options
    I delivered at Delaware County Memorial Hospital and had a wonderful experience.  I have been going to the OBGYNs there since I was 20, and in the 6 month of pregnancy I decided to switch to the Midwives of Delaware County.  They are affiliated with the hospital and do all of their births there.  There office for appointments is close to the hosp on Garret Rd.  I went with the Midwives because I wanted to do a natural birth and they seemed more supportive at the Midwives.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"