Postpartum Depression

I feel ashamed..

I feel like a failure. I feel ashamed of myself. I have the most amazing son in the world and am fortunate to have my parents help financially, yet I'm still depressed. I feel like there is something 'wrong with me' if I need meds and/or are depressed. I don't like feeling like a freak. I know that this is normal, and I'm not a freak, yet I still feel mad at myself for being depressed.

Re: I feel ashamed..

• I feel the same way. I understand that I am fortunate in so many ways, but I still feel sad. It will get better. Stay strong.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • It happens!!! Dont be hard on ur self!!
  • Loading the player...
  • So many physiological changes take place in our bodies during pregnancy and after birth, and this (in addition to major life upheaval, no sleep, being overwhelmed and exhausted) makes MANY moms depressed. These things are not in your control, so you CANNOT blame yourself! It sucks, but it happens. Depression affects so many people, you have no idea. There is no shame in it. With adequate treatment, it will get better, and you will then have the capacity to really feel the appreciation for what you have (this is impossible when depressed). Please, please don't beat yourself up for this. It will be ok:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"