New Hampshire Babies

Where to deliver in Southern NH...

I am wondering where everyone is delivering or has delivered in Southern NH (and with who).

I am looking mostly at hospitals in the Derry/Manchester/Nashua/Salem area and I would love to hear about peoples experiences at the local hospitals and alternative places like birthing centers (good and bad please).

Thank you!

Re: Where to deliver in Southern NH...

• I delivered at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua. Loved it and would highly recommend it. They have a new birthing center wing- really nice private rooms- they'll give you a tour if you stop in. There's a handful of doctors on-call, including mine from Womens Care of Nashua. They have a free 'meet the docs' night so you can get introduced to them all in case your doc isn't the one on call when you deliver. I thought that was useful. I loved all the people we interacted with during labor and delivery- nurses, doctors, med students, epidural anesthesiologist, lactation, pedis, nicu (DD's heartrate spiked right before delivery so they brought some nicu people in right before I delivered as a precaution, which was nice, and ended up not being needed). The hospital is easy to get to and park at too.
    Abbie 6/6/10 and DD#2 due 2/20/13
  • I went through the Dartmouth midwives at CMC, I love every one of them!  They have 3 great OBs in the practice as well should anything go wrong or the pregnancy become high risk.  I wanted to deliver at CMC because I liked the idea of being in the same room the whole time and they were very open to my natural birth plan (though I've heard Elliot is the same).  CMC has a new special care nursery which enables babies who would normally be in a NICU to stay in their mother's room - the rooms in the special care suite are all equipped with that specialty equipment.  We had a wonderful experience, no complaints here.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Southern New Hampshire Medical Center.  I delivered in their old unit, but I've been in their new one and it is amazing.  I had my doc from Women's Care of Nashua - and took advantage of the "Meet the Doctors" night too, which was great.  I was able to see the doctors who "might" be there and feel comfortable with all of them.  We had a great experience there.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageWildcatPrincess:
    I went through the Dartmouth midwives at CMC, I love every one of them!  They have 3 great OBs in the practice as well should anything go wrong or the pregnancy become high risk.  I wanted to deliver at CMC because I liked the idea of being in the same room the whole time and they were very open to my natural birth plan (though I've heard Elliot is the same).  CMC has a new special care nursery which enables babies who would normally be in a NICU to stay in their mother's room - the rooms in the special care suite are all equipped with that specialty equipment.  We had a wonderful experience, no complaints here.

Everything she said!  I had a horrible labor (4 day induction) and the midwives/OB's and nurses were all fantastic!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agree with post above this one about CMC
    Books to read in 2015: 9/60
  • 1A1A member

I delivered at Elliot. i really loved the nurses there. The rooms were very nice and I liked that they have a NICU, not that we needed it but it was reassuring to have it.

Also, the food was good-which I had a c section so I was there for 4 days, you appreciate good food. And they fed hubs too.

If we have another baby I'll deliver there again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I delivered at The Elliot in Manchester, they were FANTASTIC!! I highly recc that hospital to any expecting mother.

Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • I will be delivering at Elliot next month because I have heard very good things about them and they also have a NICU.  I just moved here and my first child was born in NC, so I too needed some direction on where to give birth. 

Good luck! 

• Go to the Elliot Hospital which is the Manchester one.  They are really good and caring.  I don't know the doctors but I know the hospital is really good and beautiful.  I have only heard good things about the ward.
  • I am delivering at Southern NH Medical Center and also see my dr at Women's Care of Nashua. Everyone is super nice, the hospital seems so accomodating and the rooms are new, large and have a comfortable feel to them.
  • Not sure if you need NH, but I delivered at Holy Family in Methuen, MA and had a FANTASTIC experience! EVERY single person we came into contact with was wonderful. We were there 6 nights with induction and eventually a C-section and everyone was great.
  • I have delivered at both Elliot as well as CMC here in Manchester.  Both were under the care of the Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinic doctors (they moved to CMC this past July and no longer use Elliot, politics, nothing else)

Elliot was my first birth with DS and they were nice.  I ended up with a c-section and the recovery care, breast feeding help and work done on my DS was great.  The nurses were nice while in labor though I don't think they were very as supportive to me laboring naturally.  The nurse I had encouraged me to get pain meds and didn't seem to want me moving too much cause the monitors kept having to be adjusted.  

CMC was amazing in my opinion.  I just had daughter on 9/3/10 and was able to have a natural VBAC.  When I told them about my plan for no intervention or pain meds the nurse we had was incredible helping me stick to that plan.  I found that they are more natural about rooming in, no pacifiers and natural labor. Elliot encouraged us to use a paci and also took DS to the nursery whenever he wasn't hungry it seemed (possibly cause I was recovering from the c-section though) CMC hardly bugged us but was available if we needed them :)

If you choose either of those hospitals I think you will be happy with them!

• I delivered at St. Jospeh's in Nashua and can't say enough good things about it.  The nurses truly care, and you get much more one on one time than the bigger hospitals.  They could use some renovations, but I was more concerned with the care than whether or not they had plasma TVs.  It was a great first time birthing experience.
  • not really in the townsyou listed but i delivered both of mine at Frisbee hospital and they are great
  • i originally wanted to deliver at exeter hospital but with my dd coming 5 weeks early they sent us to elliot.. elliot was awesome with everything nurses, food, or anything we needed they had. i didnt even have time to pack a bag and never needed one which was  great. our dd stayed in the nicu for 2 weeks and they were awesome with her and us. if i lived closer i would deliver there again in a heart beat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"