Postpartum Depression

Can't. Stop. Crying.

This last weekend I felt so much anxiety I had trouble sleeping. I feel depressed, scared, unsure of everything. It was suppose to be a good weekend as my mom was visiting from across the country. And all I can do is cry.I don't know what to do. I am going to call my doctor today.  How long can this last? I thought I was past it already? Could it have something to do with my birth control? I just went on seasonique (where I get 4 periods a year) Well I finished my first month and had some spotting this weekend - so maybe my hormones are out of whack again? I have no idea. I have no idea what to do. I feel so lost and lonely - in a house full of love from my baby, DH, and mom. I am sitting here at work now ready to shut my door and just cry!!

Re: Can't. Stop. Crying.

• I don't have any answers for you but I'm sending a HUGE hug your way.  Definitely talk to your doctor.  I haven't been able to be on birth control because of the way the hormones make me feel, and I've been on meds for depression/anxiety for 10 years now.  I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, but it won't last forever.  Please know that.  Talk with your doctor.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am also sending big hugs your way! I am also in the same boat, in that I can't stop crying. For me, it comes in waves and when I get hit by a feeling of deep anxiety, I feel absolutely helpless. I recently sought help and am going to be starting a program for postpartum deppression through talk therapy.  I'm not sure if it's your birth control, but talk to your doctor as soon as you can. Just remember that you're not alone in this, so many other women are experiencing these feelings and it's ok to cry and it's ok to feel your feelings, I think it's important not to bottle them up, but to cry as much as you need to and to talk about it. Talk about it with your doctor and also with those that are close to you. Again, you're not alone in this. : )
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat. DS is 2.5 months and I still cry. Just 3 weeks ago I had a day where I cried almost nonstop for the entire day from 10 am to 6 pm. Couldn't stop. It's normal. Tired, scared, anxious, guilty - I have all these things. The best I can tell you is that it eventually goes away. It hasn't for me yet, but I know it will (doesn't make things one bit easier, as you know). I'm sending hugs your way because I understand. DH keeps telling me to relax and not analyze myself to see if what I'm feeling is normal. He means very well, but husbands/boyfriends/spouses don't 100% get what we're going through.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"