Potty Training
Options

Are we doing this right?

So we've been working on the whole PTing thing, and while I like to feel as though we're making progress I'm just not really sure. We put him in undies evenings and weekends and he goes the whole time without any accidents. Which sounds great, except he really doesn't go AT ALL. He'll pee on the potty just before bed, and occasionally at other times during the day, but for the most part I think he's holding it until he gets a diaper. Is that even physiologically possible at this age?

When we're at home he's in undies except for nap and bedtime. He's wet and/or dirty every time he wakes up. He doesn't seem to really go much other than those two times, when he has diapers on. He's still in diapers at daycare and he still goes somewhat regularly there, although the only addition is a morning pee and maybe one in the afternoon. He definitely doesn't like having a dirty diaper, and if he really is holding it until he has a diaper then that would suggest he's having urges, but it just seems odd to me. 

Charlie 8.06.08
Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56

Re: Are we doing this right?

• Options
    Have you thought about using underwear for naps and bedtime and just put a diaper cover on to protect the bedding?  Either he has good bladder control or he's just holding it until he has a diaper on and I think that's the only way your going to find out for sure is if you test them. 
  • Options
    my nephew used to wait to poop until they put a diaper on him for bed time! He was scared to poop in the potty. I would discuss the problem with daycare and make sure you are all on the same page! I would do as pp suggested and put him in undies all the time but just use a diaper cover or get a plastic bed cover. Never hurts to test it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"