2nd Trimester
Options

GREEN POOP!

i have no idea what this could be, all i know is that i'm calling my doctor first thing in the morning.. has anyone ever had this happen to them, or know what could cause it.. my eating habits have not changed.

Re: GREEN POOP!

• Options
    did you eat asparagus or other green food at dinner/lunch?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This happened to me a few months back.  At first I had no idea what it was from but then I remembered that the night before (which was Cinco De Mayo) I had eaten at a mexican restaurant and their tortilla chips were green and red.  Must have been the food coloring from the green chips!!  Have you eaten anything that could have had food coloring in it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Agree with the food coloring question.  My DS's and I went to the zoo.  They had those "kool-aid" type drinks-the ones that are neon colors.  The next day their poo was a funky lime green.

I figured it was just coloring because they acted fine, no other symptoms like a fever or anything.

When we went to the DR the day after that (4 year old check up) I asked the DR about it and she said it would just be caused from the color of the food you ate.

You will notice when your LO eats blueberries it comes out a different color!  Kind of gross, but I guess it is just how things work!

Yeah...my pics were so old. I got 3 kids. Nuff said. :)
  • Options
    Your fine.  You probably ate something that was blue or green. 
  • Options
    Yeah...my mom recently told me that when we were kids and we had grape kool-aid, our poop was green.  So I don't think it even had to be something green.  
  • Options

Your fine, no reason to call the Dr....it's something you ate that's making the color change.

I find that since becoming PG I notice things that were most likely happening before but now I just pay attention to everything more....from the color of my urine to the color of my poop

• Options

Blue icing on cakes does this to my entire family. As well as one of those blue kool-aid type drinks. 

Why do I know this?  It's not because I took a survey in the house.. lol.  But because I have changed many a diaper that was neon green!  

• Options

Sometimes foods with a lot of artificial colors will change the color of your poop. 

If you are worried though, you are right to call the doctor and ask.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Scientific reason:  Increased iron, likely as a result of your prenatal. 
    BFP July 11, 2009 ~ C/P July 15, 2009
    BFP 11/25/2009 ~ Blighted Ovum Discovered 12/10/2009 ~ Natural M/C 12/24/2009
    BFP 3/29/2010 ~ EDD 11/25/2010

Sawyer Marshall ~ November 16, 2010
  • Options
    It's probably from your prenatal vitamin. If you read the label this is one of the warnings.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A lot of iron can cause green poop. Eating a lot of leafy vegetables or your stool passed through your body very quickly before it had time to 'change' brown.

I would not call your Dr over green poop unless it continuously keeps happening.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Salads to this to me during pregnancy.  No biggie, I just learn to eat them in moderation.
  • Options
    I have had that after eating a lot of spinach.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"