Postpartum Depression
Options

I'm so tired of this.

DS is 3 months old.  I was Dx'd with PPD at 6 weeks PP.  My OB prescribed me 50mg of Zoloft and for a few weeks it was really helping.  But lately, I'm starting to feel depressed again, and easily upset by my FI. 

I am so tired of feeling this way.  I'm so tired of not wanting to get out of bed in the morning.  I hate that I dread hearing DS start stirring in his crib at 6am, or hearing my DD walking down the hall to my room. 

I love my children more than I can even discribe.  I hate that I feel this way.  I would like to talk to my Dr about upping my Rx, but I feel so ashamed that 3 months PP, I'm not better.  :(

Re: I'm so tired of this.

• Options
    You shouldn't feel ashamed. Different things work for different people. Tell your doctor, adjust your meds. Do you what you need to do to take of you! 
  • Options
    You sound just like me! My daughter is 3 months old and I just started feeling worse again. I am on 25mg Zoloft that I started taking at 6 weeks PP and it made a huge difference back then. Now, 7 weeks later I am a mess yet again. I thought it was all better for good, but it's back. I hate feeling this way. I love DD and she brings me joy, but I am crying, feeling guilty and feeling hurt by DH for no apparent reason. I hope it will get better eventually. I think you should up your Rx. I'm going to ask my OB at tomorrow's appointment to up mine.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

where does it say that you should feel better by 3 months?

Nope.  Different things for different people.

I'm going into my 9 month, and though things have gotten amazingly better, I still struggle but realize that I am not alone in this struggle to balance my thoughts, feelings with my new found status as mom.

Be patient with yourself.

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"