Health & Exercise
Options

those who are back to their pre-pregnancy body...

how long did it take you to feel normal and back to your original (or close to it) body?  I really don't want to hear the "it takes 9 months to put it on, it'll take 9 months to get it off."  Seriously, how long?  

I started walking when I came home from the hospital and running about 1-2 miles at week 3 with doc approval.  I also started P90X at week 4.  My pre pregnancy pants are slowly starting to feel less tight, but I have got some ways to go.  

DH and i would like to start trying for baby #2 in Feb/Mar and I told him I will not if I'm not back down to my original weight.

Thanks!

LA 

Re: those who are back to their pre-pregnancy body...

• Options

I was a size 5 pre-pregnancy and within a couple of weeks postpartum I was in a size 7. I think I was about 18 months postpartum when I got back into 5s, but I never worked out - that was all breastfeeding that melted off the weight. I'm sure if I worked out, it would have been faster. I've started with elliptical/jogging and weight training at my Uni's gym in recent weeks and I can tell my hips are thinner, which is nice.I've heard P90X is awesome! Have you seen The Shape of a Mother? Several moms have posted their before & after pics there after using P90X and it's amazing I'm sure you'll get there in no time flat! I, like you, want to get in shape for the next baby. (https://theshapeofamother.com)

Anyway, good luck with TTCing! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

I was pretty much back to "normal" at 6 weeks - my abs weren't nearly as tight of course but my tummy was flat again and my pants fit pretty much the same.

I think a lot depends on how much you gained and how active you were during and after pregnancy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight about 2 weeks after I left the hospital. It's been 3 months since I gave birth and I'm in better shape now than I was before I got pregnant. I started doing long walks the day I left the hospital, then at about 2 weeks I started on the spin cycle and then started P90X at 6 weeks (I'm on week 9 right now). Breastfeeding also helps a lot. I think you burn something like 500-700 calories a day when you BF.

Did you exercise while you were pregnant? I did and I think that helped a lot.

• Options

Well, I don't feel totally back to how I used to look, since my belly is still a little squishy, but I was able to squeeze back into my pre preg jeans about 2 weeks after delivery.  I do have a little padding on the hips now (little muffintop) and am 6 lbs over my pre baby weight, but fit into all my pre preg pants. 

I exercised as much as I was able to during pregnancy and got back into exercise about 5 weeks pp.  I have slacked some weeks, but for the most part I am consistent.  Now if I could get my diet improved, I could probably shed that 6 lbs that are hanging around.... I also have no patience for ab work, so that's why my stomach hasn't improved.  If you're exercising regularly and eating well it shouldn't take that long.  And it depends how much you weighed before you got pregnant and how much you put on during pregnancy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm def jealous of some of you.  I was 130lbs b/f pregnancy and gained 47 lbs....yipes!  This was gained while I was running 2-4 miles 5x's a week up until week 32.  After that it was starting to hurt my knees running so I just kept on walking my dog 40 min a day, everyday.  I thought that would be a good amount.  I weighed myself at week 3 PP and needed to lose 25lbs still.

At this point my stomach still has a bit extra on it and the inside of my thighs.  I also have some extra stuff on the hips.  I am BFing also....oh well, guess I'll keep at it and see what happens.  I wouldn't say my diet is hindering me any.  I eat pretty clean and have one snack a day really.

Thanks! 

• Options
    It took me about 6 weeks to get back into my old pants and not feel gross.  I lost the weight quickly without doing anything, but my body was different.  I started watching what I ate and doing a little bit of exercise and I feel back to my old self.  I didn't gain much weight during my pregnancy though, so I may not be the best source.
  • Options
    imageLALAFitz04:

I'm def jealous of some of you.  I was 130lbs b/f pregnancy and gained 47 lbs....yipes!  This was gained while I was running 2-4 miles 5x's a week up until week 32.  After that it was starting to hurt my knees running so I just kept on walking my dog 40 min a day, everyday.  I thought that would be a good amount.  I weighed myself at week 3 PP and needed to lose 25lbs still.

At this point my stomach still has a bit extra on it and the inside of my thighs.  I also have some extra stuff on the hips.  I am BFing also....oh well, guess I'll keep at it and see what happens.  I wouldn't say my diet is hindering me any.  I eat pretty clean and have one snack a day really.

Thanks! 

I have JUST lost all of that jiggle in my hips and thighs - where I tend to gain weight. I'm in size smalls and AA bras on top, but on the bottom, a different story. I started running this summer. I'm so proud. It's the first exercise routine I've stuck out since high school. I breastfed my daughter for two years and finally have gotten brave enough to wear spandex in public to try to run and it's worked. I'm feeling so much more confident and of COURSE you'll get there! And running for 32 weeks in your pregnancy?! You're freaking SUPER WOMAN! That's amazing! I aspire to do that in my next pregnancy. You're amazing! Have you seen The Shape of a Mother's site? https://theshapeofamother.com - there are tons of pics and stories of women and how their bodies have been changed by pregnancy. It helped me through those earlier weeks where all I felt like was Marshmallow Woman. Keep your chin up, sweetie! With that kind of ability in you, you'll be there before you know it! Look at that site, too. :) I recommend it to all of my mama friends. :)

Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
  • Options
    imageforensicmama:
    imageLALAFitz04:

Thanks! 

I have JUST lost all of that jiggle in my hips and thighs - where I tend to gain weight. I'm in size smalls and AA bras on top, but on the bottom, a different story. I started running this summer. I'm so proud. It's the first exercise routine I've stuck out since high school. I breastfed my daughter for two years and finally have gotten brave enough to wear spandex in public to try to run and it's worked. I'm feeling so much more confident and of COURSE you'll get there! And running for 32 weeks in your pregnancy?! You're freaking SUPER WOMAN! That's amazing! I aspire to do that in my next pregnancy. You're amazing! Have you seen The Shape of a Mother's site? https://theshapeofamother.com - there are tons of pics and stories of women and how their bodies have been changed by pregnancy. It helped me through those earlier weeks where all I felt like was Marshmallow Woman. Keep your chin up, sweetie! With that kind of ability in you, you'll be there before you know it! Look at that site, too. :) I recommend it to all of my mama friends. :)

Woops - I recommended that site to you in an earlier post! That's what I get for being on the internet at 12:30 in the morning. ;)

• Options

It took 10 days to look like my pre-pregnant self. It took about 9 weeks to feel like my pre-pregnant self. I'm still working on regaining my speed. I can now go for 12 mile runs comfortably, so the endurance is there.

I credit working out consistently during pregnancy for the quick results.  

• Options
    imagekirkette:

It took 10 days to look like my pre-pregnant self. It took about 9 weeks to feel like my pre-pregnant self. I'm still working on regaining my speed. I can now go for 12 mile runs comfortably, so the endurance is there.

I credit working out consistently during pregnancy for the quick results.  

But this is not true for everyone. I was a size 00 pre-pregnancy both times, worked out until delivery day, pretty hard. For my first pregnancy it took 12 weeks to look the same, this time it took about six months. This is with working out right away. Second time I had a c/s.

I think exercising before and after can help a lot, but it alone does not determine how quickly you get your body back. It also depends on genetics and where you carry your weight, and what your pre-baby body was.

• Options
    I gained 30 lbs. in my pregnancy. I had lost 18 of it the first week so I was back in my pre-preg clothing. I was back to pre baby weight at 3 months PP. I breastfed up until last week too. That helped with the weight loss.
  • Options
    imagencbelle:

I was pretty much back to "normal" at 6 weeks - my abs weren't nearly as tight of course but my tummy was flat again and my pants fit pretty much the same.

I think a lot depends on how much you gained and how active you were during and after pregnancy.

This.  I held onto a couple of pounds because I'm breastfeeding and the doc says they probably won't come off til I wean DD but everything fits pretty much like it did except that I have a little muffin top (gotta start working the abs) and my breasts are now too big for some of my old shirts.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"