Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Did your tear/stitches begin to burn and itch?

I'm 10 days postpartum and I feel itchy and some burning down there.  It didn't start until a couple of days ago.  Could this be a sign of healing maybe?  I used a mirror to look at the stitches.  I can see where one stitch is coming out maybe.  I guess I should go get it looked at.  :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did your tear/stitches begin to burn and itch?

• Options
    I had the itching and a little burning and everything was fine. I had my checkup yesterday.
  • Options
    some itching and burning is normal from what I hear. I did notice more itching as time passed so I do think it's a sign of healing.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJaimie01:
    I had the itching and a little burning and everything was fine. I had my checkup yesterday.

Oh good, I'm glad to hear this.  Also, if you ever looked down there, did it seem like they left part of the vagina out when they sewed you up?  I don't know how else to explain it.

• Options
    imagekelleylk:

imageJaimie01:

Oh good, I'm glad to hear this.  Also, if you ever looked down there, did it seem like they left part of the vagina out when they sewed you up?  I don't know how else to explain it.

Nope sorry I tried looking once but was still to swollen to see anything.

• Options
    I definitely had the itching and burning. Gawwwd it was uncomfortable! But it was the start of healing, so that's a good thing! And, I don't know how to explain it, but I don't look the same down there as I did pre-baby.
  • Options

imagederdiggity:
    I definitely had the itching and burning. Gawwwd it was uncomfortable! But it was the start of healing, so that's a good thing! And, I don't know how to explain it, but I don't look the same down there as I did pre-baby.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.  Huh?

• Options
    Mine has been doing the same thing. I had a really bad tear and a million sitches from front to back! Should have had a c-section but it was too late dr. said. I havent looked at mine but sometimes it still hurts and feels tight down there.
  • Options

imageclintsprincess01:
    Mine has been doing the same thing. I had a really bad tear and a million sitches from front to back! Should have had a c-section but it was too late dr. said. I havent looked at mine but sometimes it still hurts and feels tight down there.

Wow.  Your tear sounds worse than mine, but mine seems to feel just as bad.  I just feel silly asking my doc if she sewed me up wrong.  :)  I don't want to question her "art work". 

• Options
    You ladies are brave I couldn't even stomache looking.  Way to queasy about stitches/my own blood.  One time I touched my stitches on accident while I was in the tub about 10 days pp and I thought I was going to pass out.  It totally freaked me out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Dermaplast helped with the burning for me. And I noticed small pieces of my stitches coming out around 10 days PP. Totally normal.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    YES! Sooo uncomfortable. I find that some Aquaphor helps a lot.
  • Options
    Mine were sooo itchy.  The Dermoplast helps.  Y'all are brave looking down there, I never could.  DH looks for me now and then just to make sure all is well. 
  • Options
    Your dh looks for you!!! That is love right there.  That guy is a keeper. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"