Multiples
Options

Non-Update on Clayliover

Miracle day two...  24 weeks and 2 days!  Doctors had nothing new to tell her this morning.  Things are still holding steady, and more and more they are thinking she doesn't have a ruptured water bag.  I like posting non-updates like this!

Today is a hard day for her though - DH had to go back to work.  He's only going to be working Mon/Wed/Fri, and will be back to the hospital each night.  I guess his office is only an hour and 15 minutes from her hospital, so it's not going to be too huge of a hassle for him to commute.  It was very hard on her this morning when he had to leave.  And she's starting to get homesick.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Non-Update on Clayliover

• Options
    I am glad to hear things are holding steady...she and her LOs will continue to be in my thoughts...I imagine it must be tough there with her dh back at work..but that's great that he can commute..and maybe they can rig one of those celing tvs so she can at least watch some bad daytime soaps while she's resting...
  • Options

imagejenn_darrin1515:
    I am glad to hear things are holding steady...she and her LOs will continue to be in my thoughts...I imagine it must be tough there with her dh back at work..but that's great that he can commute..and maybe they can rig one of those celing tvs so she can at least watch some bad daytime soaps while she's resting...

I think she's got a TV positioned so she can watch.  They even have a PS3 in her room.  Her DH went to Walmart last night to get her some games she can play to pass the time.  The only thing she really can't do is the laptop, because she has a hard time typing...  Otherwise I could let her post her own updates, lol. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's so good to hear that things are stable with her. :) Hopefully we'll get many more updates like this!
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    Yay for non-updates!!!  Hoping we get a lot more of those!

• Options
    Glad things are remaining stable!!!
  • Options
    Awesome non-update! Good to hear!
  • Options

No news is good news! Tell her to hang in there and she can do it!

I was on hospital bedrest for 10 weeks until I delivered the girls. My hospital had a "pet therapy" that my doctor signed an order for that allowed my dogs to come visit at the hospital. Not sure if she has pets or if this is even allowed at her hospital, but it brought me much needed stress relief and brought some kind of normalcy. At the end, I would have a dog sleep with me overnight and it was wonderful!!

Also, every Sunday we had a get together with other moms on the antepartum unit. They wheeled us into the assessment center (on our beds and with all of our wires and IV poles). It was nice talking with other moms going through the same thing I was. The head of the nursing department and nurses one night gave us pedicures, too! I still talk with a few of the women and go to get togethers with.

And lastly, one of the nurses created this progress board that she made for the moms. I picked a farm and so each day I was there, I got an animal to put up on my wall. Other moms had a tree and would get a leaf for each day. It's nice to see the progress you have made and one day longer cooking the babies!

If she wants more ideas of how to help pass time, I am more then happy to help. And tell her it gets easier typing funky (in my case, on my side, since I could not sit up at all)

• Options

Thank you for these updates. I love reading them, even the non-update updates.

• Options
    So so happy to read these non-updates. I keep coming back here to check on her. I'm praying for a wonderful outcome. It sounds like she is going through something very similar to what I went through with my girls. 

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"