Orange County Babies
Options

1st Bday Party Question

oh boy... Reese's first b-day is around the corner!  I was wondering for the mom's that have thrown their parties, what time of the day did you do it?  I want to avoid having it too late and everyone is cranky or too early.  Its going to be a bbq... so it can be anytime, just thought I would see what times worked for you guys!

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st Bday Party Question

• Options

my suggestion, do it at a time that works well for you and her napping schedule.  for DJ's 1st bday we did it at 12, it worked but he was so tired by the cake time.

for his 2nd, we did it at 2pm because that is a good time for him now.  

• Options

Charlie's is coming up soon as well. I can't believe it.

We are doing it at 2pm. Who knows how his nap time will be then but it will be getting cooler.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For my DD's 1st we had it at noon. At the time she was taken 2 naps, morning and afternoon so midday worked best. For her 2nd bday, we did it at 11am b/c she was taking one afternoon nap and I think she ended up skipping it b/c our friends always stay late. For her 3rd I think I'll do 11 again and have it 11-1. (I'm having a small get together, nothing big at all).
  • Options
    We did both DD1's first and second parties at 2pm.  It worked because she got her nap in.  I would definitely recommend planning around a time your LO's schedule, we were able to escape cranky babes by end of afternoon.
    forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

As you know, I did it around a time that worked for us because there were kids of all ages with different nap times. Although our party went way over K's nap, she was pretty well distracted and there were no meltdowns.

I can't believe you are talking about this already. It feels like just yesterday we were having lunch because you were going on mat leave! Oh my does time fly!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"