Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

1000 Reasons I'm a Bad Mom

Hello!

I write a blog about the 1000 reasons I suck at parenting (Up to reason #63 and counting!).

Someone posted a link to my blog in the Bump community and I have been getting lots of visits from the 3-6 month community, for which i am most grateful.

Since my boy is 9 3/4, I figured members of this board might be interested in my poor parenting too. Wanna take a look at the 1000 Reasons I'm a Bad Mom?You'll feel so much better about yourself! ;)

Re: 1000 Reasons I'm a Bad Mom

• Options
    Why are you concentrating on the negative?
  • Options
    So you're bragging about doing all these crappy things? Maybe stop the blogging about how you don't have time to spend with your son and you know, spend time with him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope your son never sees this.
  • Options

imageIvana.Stolichnaya:

I get the humor, but creating a sn just to drive traffic to your blog is annoying. 

• Options

I know/hope it is mainly sarcasm, but your blog makes me a little sad. He is such a precious boy and you shouldn't let this time pass by. You will miss it one day. Play with your kid. He loves you. I know you are joking about most of it, but maybe you truely see yourself as a bad mom and that is not the case. You are doing your best to provide for your child.

The twitter thing is what really made me sad. Can you really not handle an evening alone with your baby?

• Options

Is one of your bad mom moments that you have this blog?

I understand blogs don't have to be all hapinnes and rainbows, but I am not a fan of a blog that just talks about the bad thigs for the day. Thanks, but no thanks.

And ostriches rule.

• Options

So, you'd rather do dishes than play with your son?

That's just sad.  I fail to see the "humor" in that at all.

Blog fail.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Oh, and all the pop up shitt and ads on your blog are effing annoying.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Your #1 reason for being a bad mom is making your stupid blog.
  • Options
    sgrlsgrl member
    Do you REALLY check your email while feeding your son? Really?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Most awful, unamusing thing I've ever read! Seriously, I just wanna cry for this child.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageladysingstheblues:

imageIvana.Stolichnaya:

I get the humor, but creating a sn just to drive traffic to your blog is annoying. 

this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm flabbergasted that you could waste this much time writing about being a bad parent.  Anyone this self-serving IS a bad parent...no joke.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Not only is your blog ridiculous, it's also kind of offensive.

Oh...and it's not funny.

• Options
    There's a fine line between using sarcasm for humor and just being an outright douchebag. You've definitely crossed that line. Not funny at all. Hopefully you are writing those posts for the (negative) attention and you truly aren't that terrible of a mother.
  • Options

imagesaraprice:
    I hope your son never sees this.

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Your attempt at humor/wit  = FAIL.
  • Options
    Horribly unfunny. 
  • Options
    You're proud of being a bad mom? And even if you're not why would you blog about it?? I agree with everyone else. LAME BLOG! And I hope your son never sees it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Oh my, where is your sense of humor people?

Relax! And take it for what it is: a funny blog.

• Options
    I cannot understand how you can make a blog about all things crappy that you really do! Emails while feeding your son, leaving him at daycare for 11.5 hours, leaving him in the bath for hours...what's wrong with you?! I get you're a single mom, but it's no excuse for NOT wanting to spend all the time in the world with your son! I only read a little of your totally NOT FUNNY blog, but knew that's all I wanted to see. It makes me horribly sad that your son has a mommy that would rather do dishes and leave him at your sitters house than spend time loving, cuddling and bonding with him.
  • Options
    ENevENev member
    Seriously? I had to click over to see if it was real. I feel really sad for your child. :(
  • Options
    imagemlefebvre:

Oh my, where is your sense of humor people?

Relax! And take it for what it is: a funny blog.

Except it's not really that funny.  There is self-depreciating humor.  Then there is humor that comes across as sad.  This is the latter.

• Options

Also, the only reason she posted this is to drive traffic to her blog.  If you've read this far without clicking on the link, I urge you NOT to click on it. 

The blog isn't funny, just sad.

• Options

Wow!

I'm not one to comment or join in on the hating band wagon but....

You really ARE a Bad mom. Seriously! Tweeting that you can't wait for sitters to come and "entertain" your child? Really? WTF did you have a kid for??!!

Your blog makes me sad for your child. He is such an angel and you are such an asshat..

• Options

Wow, I don't know if I should be shocked or appalled first at the amount of close-minded hate-spewing I've read in the replies to this thread. Talk about judgmental! I'm just curious, are all of your operating without a support mechanism of any kind?? The first person to tell me they haven't cried, freaked out, panicked, or worried about doing/having done something "wrong" or hasn't EVER done something that resulted in being labeled a "bad mom" wins a BS Cookie from me - you'd have to be in another reality. 

Maria does something wonderful with her blog - she gives the message"hey, not only do I do things that others see as mistakes, I'm up front and honest about them to let the rest of the world know that they're not alone." She invites you in to her world and celebrates her "bad-mom"isms with everyone so that she can get past them and focus on being the best mom she can! And you have completely trashed her for it.

I'm completely disgusted, and this level of reaction and response to honesty is what makes me afraid to bring a child into this world, but someone had to speak up. She is letting us in, and you're trying to cut her down for it. Maybe you should try reading a) her content (IN FULL!) and b) her pages about herself, her situation, and her approach. Until then, please stop spreading the hate, it's depressing for the rest of us. 

• Options
    imagesyddiegrl:

person to tell me they haven't cried, freaked out, panicked, or worried about doing/having done something "wrong" or hasn't EVER done something that resulted in being labeled a "bad mom" wins a BS Cookie from me

Yes, I have done all of these things, sometimes all in the same day. What I don't do is make 'jokes' about drinking vodka and taking vicodin, preferring to wash dishes than play with my child, or leave him at daycare for almost 12 hours.

Her blog is disgusting. There are people all over the world who would give anything to have a child. She obviously doesn't enjoy motherhood. I would even go as far as to suggest adoption for her. Someone, somewhere, can give her son the love he deserves.

• Options
    imagesyddiegrl:

Wow, I don't know if I should be shocked or appalled first at the amount of close-minded hate-spewing I've read in the replies to this thread. Talk about judgmental! I'm just curious, are all of your operating without a support mechanism of any kind?? The first person to tell me they haven't cried, freaked out, panicked, or worried about doing/having done something "wrong" or hasn't EVER done something that resulted in being labeled a "bad mom" wins a BS Cookie from me - you'd have to be in another reality. 

Maria does something wonderful with her blog - she gives the message"hey, not only do I do things that others see as mistakes, I'm up front and honest about them to let the rest of the world know that they're not alone." She invites you in to her world and celebrates her "bad-mom"isms with everyone so that she can get past them and focus on being the best mom she can! And you have completely trashed her for it.

I'm completely disgusted, and this level of reaction and response to honesty is what makes me afraid to bring a child into this world, but someone had to speak up. She is letting us in, and you're trying to cut her down for it. Maybe you should try reading a) her content (IN FULL!) and b) her pages about herself, her situation, and her approach. Until then, please stop spreading the hate, it's depressing for the rest of us. 

If you are disgusted then leave.  And take your bad mommy blogger with you.  Unless, of course, you are the same person.  Then just the one person can leave. 

In case you weren't aware, there is a feature on this site that allows us to reply to posts with our opinion.  It's neat. 

• Options

I'm with syddiegrl.

If you are not interested in giving this blog any traffic and would rather judge before you know? then don't click the link.

Flame away, that's what what most people do on here anyway. Does it make you feel better? I just don't get it.

• Options

Her blog is not about being human and messing up. Her blog is full of non-funny posts trying to show the world how much she sucks at parenting.

It's one thing to make a mistake here or there or to be completely overwhelmed. But she makes it come across clearly that her child is almost an annoyance to her. She can't wait to pass him off to anyone she possibly can, She prefers washing dishes to spending time with her child! 

Let me quote my favorite gems here:

~I refuse to give my baby early stimulation.

~If my boy is in imminent danger and I'm on Twitter doing something I just cannot drop,  I don't get up from my seat: I utter a magic spell and I keep tweeting, because C can come to no harm after I say the magic words.

~I risk my baby's life out of curiosity.

I could quote the whole damn blog it's such a trainwreck.,

There is a big difference from a mess up here and there, and learning how to parent as you go and PURPOSELY DOING THINGS THAT YOU KNOW ARE WRONG... and then BRAGGING ABOUT THEM!

This chick posts over and over how she knows better but does x y and z that could hurt her kid and we all should laugh?

If someone wrote a blog about how they smoke pot with their kid on their lap and  don't believe in car seats at all  but said they were a "Bad Parent" because of it we should laugh and find that humorous??? WTF really?

• Options
    imagesyddiegrl:

Wow, and you come over here with your "1" post to tell everyone off.  Awesome.  The fact that you had to create an AE to tell everyone what you think is pathetic. 

OP, everyone makes mistakes as parents.  But creating a blog to highlight your shittiness is just pathetic.  I feel sorry for your child.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagePoetSorrow:

If someone wrote a blog about how they smoke pot with their kid on their lap and  don't believe in car seats at all  but said they were a "Bad Parent" because of it we should laugh and find that humorous??? WTF really?

Actually aside from the fact that she's not bragging about it in a blog, I swear Brittney Spears just does that and people cannot wait to open trashy magazines to read about it!

Do you REALLY believe she'd rather wash the dishes that play with her son? Do you REALLY believe she is risking her child's life out of curiosity?

You better call 911. Interpol, somebody, and FAST!

• Options
    imagePoetSorrow:

Her blog is not about being human and messing up. Her blog is full of non-funny posts trying to show the world how much she sucks at parenting.

Agreed. I actually read the rest of the daycare post and I get it. That could happen to anyone (although we all cross our fingers that it doesn't) but that is not one incident that is out of the ordinary. One would hope it would be and then her mom's response would have been funny. The fact that she has a whole post about how she hates to wash dishes but she would rather wash dishes than play with her son just makes me so so sad.

Also this is the interwebs, she came to us asking us to read her blog, it wasn't linked by another bumpie. If she didn't want to get flamed she should have stuck with the people that for some reason find her amusing.

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imagemlefebvre:
    imagePoetSorrow:

Actually aside from the fact that she's not bragging about it in a blog, I swear Brittney Spears just does that and people cannot wait to open trashy magazines to read about it!

Do you REALLY believe she'd rather wash the dishes that play with her son? Do you REALLY believe she is risking her child's life out of curiosity?

You better call 911. Interpol, somebody, and FAST!

Big difference here. I think Brittney actually feels bad when she messes up. This blog chick is quite happy to do it over and over and over again and boast about it "Here look at my blog look how unfit I am"

She posted multiple times about not wanting to spend time with her child. If she doesn't REALLY feel that way, why would ANY LOVING MOTHER write those things about her child? To make money? To get blog readers? Nice priorities. So basically she's either a really terrible parent or a great liar?

Not even for all of the E-popularity in the world or ad revenue could you get me to post such heartless things about my children and then go around pimping it out.

• Options

imagesgrl:

Is that a horrible thing to do?  I do lots of things while ds eats dinner, including pop on the laptop, clean, talk to my husband.....

• Options
    imageEchowysp:

imagesgrl:

Is that a horrible thing to do?  I do lots of things while ds eats dinner, including pop on the laptop, clean, talk to my husband.....

At 21 months that makes sense because your son is feeding himself. Hers is 9 months, he's probably just figuring out how to feed himself and should be monitored to make sure he's not choking. Or she's not engaging him at all while she feeds him which is sad.

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imagedeltagirl79:
    imageEchowysp:

imagesgrl:

At 21 months that makes sense because your son is feeding himself. Hers is 9 months, he's probably just figuring out how to feed himself and should be monitored to make sure he's not choking. Or she's not engaging him at all while she feeds him which is sad.

But you can click on a laptop sitting right at the table for a second while entertaining and feeding a child.  I get that in the beginning it's a lot of fun to feed them, but I don't see doing a little multitasking while feeding them puree is such a horrible thing.  

Granted, I didn't read the blog, so I don't know if she's ignoring the kid in his highchair for 30 minutes to go blog, but children don't need to be engaged every second of their day.

• Options

Just responding to the lovely women who wrote directly to me, because it would be rude to ignore them!

@emma - Fair enough, not your type of humor, I respect that. Saying her child needs to be adopted out? Kind of scary, no offense.

@Courtney - I'm my own person, thank you dear for checking. In case you weren't aware, I used the exact same feature. Fancy that!

@reanne - I didn't realize there was a minimum post count to have an opinion and voice it. My apologies! I promise to scamper off until I qualify. AE nothing - you can look me up.

• Options

I am humbled and honored to be standing in the presence of Parenting Perfection and Model Moms. I do not frequent forums such as these because what I have just read.

A contest to who can be the meanest and who can propel themselves into god-like status for their wonderful mothering skills.

Concerning the blog in question (or rather attack) It's called humor and tongue in cheek, but I suppose that you lost yours along with the placenta. You also lost your own personal reality, go back to the hospital you birthed at and file a claim (although it might be quite small and not worth the trouble.)

If you want to convince others that your perfect parenting has never allowed you one small mistake, one selfish behavior in the light of sanity; you go ahead. But REAL MOMS know that its not perfect and little forums like this are laughable at best. Mothering/Parenting is hard and the sooner that you can laugh about it; the sooner you can actually make REAL strides to being the best parent for your child. That is what parenting is all about anyways.

Continue to flame the blogger if it makes you feel better about your own inadequacies, but don't presume to know the real woman/mother behind the blog and her motives for blogging. Those who do know her know that she is a wonderful mother who is doing it ALL on her own, struggles to make the best decisions; but has learned to laugh about it along the way and provide a place for other mothers who finally realized they are not perfect and they are not alone to shake it off and take steps towards being that perfect mom for that child.

• Options
    imagecrayonwrangler:

Concerning the blog in question (or rather attack) It's called humor and tongue in cheek, but I suppose that you lost yours along with the placenta. You also lost your own personal reality, go back to the hospital you birthed at and file a claim (although it might be quite small and not worth the trouble.)

If you want to convince others that your perfect parenting has never allowed you one small mistake, one selfish behavior in the light of sanity; you go ahead. 

LOL at both of the bolded statements.

And I didn't know we had so many AE's! Oh, wait, you are all the same person! But thanks for adding some entertainment this afternoon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"