Michigan Babies

OB/GYN Recommendations in Grand Rapids area?

edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies

Hello!

I am completely new to this board/site, so hello! I just recently found out I am pregnant (first time!!), and my family doc told me to call an OB around week 8... that's all fine and great, but I need some recommendations please! :)

I prefer to deliver at Spectrum - if you can offer any help or insight, I would greatly appreciate it!

Re: OB/GYN Recommendations in Grand Rapids area?

• Hello and congratulations! I see Dr. Michelle Klyn at Spectrum Health. She delivered my daughter and I love, love, love her! I know several other girls use her and love her as well. Good luck with your search and congrats again!
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • Thanks! Thank you so much for your recommendation!

• Loading the player...
  • I use Dr. Jessica Lalley at MMPC. All of the MMPC doctors are great.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use Dr. Federico at MMPC, he is great also...I like most of the doctors there.  They deliver at Spectrum.
  • Congratulations! 

I really like Dr. Rechner at West Michigan OB.  His group delivers at Spectrum & he is the director of the Ob residency and former chair of the OBGyn dept at Spectrum.  When I have had issues and called them during off hours/weekend, I have gotten a call back within 15 minutes, which is nice.  I have found the office staff really pleasant and helpful also.

https://www.westmichiganobstetrics.com/aboutUs?pageNum=1

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMissyNa:
    Hello and congratulations! I see Dr. Michelle Klyn at Spectrum Health. She delivered my daughter and I love, love, love her! I know several other girls use her and love her as well. Good luck with your search and congrats again!

I also see Dr. Michelle Klyn and she's GREAT! I strongly recommend..and adore her.

• CONGRATS!! I delivered at Spectrum and I had a male Dr. who was not available when I went in to labor. Lucky for me, Anita VanDeBurg was. She was GREAT. This was my second baby and the first delivery was a breeze. This one...well not so much. That being said, she was wonderful and she managed to keep both my husband and I calm. I wish I would have had her throughout my pregnancy. My current Dr. is good, but I am quite sure HE has never had a baby. Best Wishes!!!

https://www.grandrapidswomenshealth.com/learnaboutus/ourphysicians/anitavandeburgmd/ 

• Congratulations!! What an exciting time for you!

I see Robyn Hubbard at the Women's Health Center on Union--the office is amazing, and Dr. Hubbard is absolutely wonderful. I've seen a couple other OB's while she was on vacation--and really liked them--but Dr, Hubbard is simply awesome.

I'm due in 11 days--I'll let you know how she does in the delivery room!

Best wishes,

Kabrina

• Dr. Lalley is who my family doc referred me to -- however I stopped at the office yesterday and I guess she is not taking new patients at this time! Sounds like you have a great doc! Best of luck to you :)
  • imagemjg1023:
    Dr. Lalley is who my family doc referred me to -- however I stopped at the office yesterday and I guess she is not taking new patients at this time! Sounds like you have a great doc! Best of luck to you :)

Wow...I'm sorry that she isn't taking new patients. She is great! I know they are a pretty busy office. The first time I tried to go there none of the Doctors were accepting new patients, but I got to see a NP.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemjg1023:
    Dr. Lalley is who my family doc referred me to -- however I stopped at the office yesterday and I guess she is not taking new patients at this time! Sounds like you have a great doc! Best of luck to you :)

Were you able to get in with any of the other doctors at the office?  Or did you try someplace else? 

• I think anyone at the Women's Health Center is great!  I have Dr. Taber, and he has been awesome so far.  I had to go in a couple times when he wasn't there and the other doctors were very helpful.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Can anyone recommend any doctor from the Mercy health system? I'd like to deliver at Mercy health.
  • I can recommend Dr. Trisha Zylstra at Mercy Health Physician Partners OB/GYN East Beltline. She delivered my two nephews and will hopefully be delivering my first child in May! So far I've seen one other doctor in the practice (they do a rotating schedule so you know all of the doctors) and I was really impressed by her as well. Good luck!
  • I go to Dr. Joseph Talcott on 44th in Wyoming, as do several of my friends. He is GREAT-easy to talk to, answers all my questions. Also, his office staff ladies are super friendly. I've never had to wait on hold to talk to someone or wait days for someone to call me back. He delivers at St. Mary's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"