Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Lychee fruit for baby??

has anyone given their baby lychee??

From wikipedia....

Lyche is legendary among Ugur and Chinese cultures for the amount of nutrients that it gives to newborn babies. Starting at about the age of 4.5 months, Chinese parents use peeled lychee in place of a pacifier."

My BIL mentioned wanting to get some for Ella Grace at the local Asian market. I've never heard of it and was wondering if anyone else had given it to their LO... 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Lychee fruit for baby??

• Options
    I have never heard of it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hm i never thought about it, but  i could see a baby liking it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Penny tried it last week for the first time and she seems to really like it. No allergic reaction so far :)

• Options
    Definitely on my list of things for DS to try. I just haven't found it nor do I know quite what to do with it. It's suppose to be pretty sweet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Its very sweet and juicy. Kind of reminds me of a grape once you get it peeled.  We just eat them, no need to "do" anything however they would be good in a fruit salad! There are a summer fruit, haven't seen any at my local grocery store so I will hit the fruit stand.  Thanks for the reminder, those are some tasty fruits!  Clicky
  • Options
    i LOVE lychee! i grew up on this stuff. DD will eventually have it but not quite yet. If you haven't tried it, i say you should. When i had y DH try it, he was kinda concerned about what it was but now LOOOOVVVEES eating them.
  • Options
    I love love love lychee, but never thought about giving it to a baby. I will totally have to pick some up next paycheck.
  • Options
    We haven't given lychee, but we've given Longan, which is from Thailand. She liked it, no reactions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"