Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Intro and Daycare Recs (repost from thenest)

Hi! I just moved to the CPA area (grew up in Mechanicsburg but lived outside of Philly most of my adult life until now) so I hope to post to this board a little more frequently as Im getting to know the area again and make new friends. Most urgently, I need a daycare for DD. Right now Im in Mechanicsburg so thats the area Im looking in for daycares. I know the Navy Depot has a daycare and I THINK I am eligible to use it because my dad works on the base. Do you know anything about it--quality, hours, price, ft/pt care etc? Any other places youd recommend convenient in the area? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro and Daycare Recs (repost from thenest)

• Options

The price is income based.  One of my friends goes there and is very happy.  I know there's at least one nestie that goes there as well that should be able to give you more info.

We took DS to The Goddard School in Mechanicsburg (it's in the business park off Rossmoyne).  He was there for 5 mos before I became a SAHM and we were very happy with the infant room.  They were open 6:45-6.  We paid $960/mo for the infant room for full time.

• Options

My son goes to the Navy Base daycare and we pay $262 every two weeks.  It is inexpensive, but the quality is right up there with the best.  It is accredidated and the women that work there are top notch.  Most have college degrees in early childhood education, they supply all the food, the only thing they do not supply is diapers/wipes/cream/sunscreen.

When my son was in the infant room they even supplied the formula and I believe it was at the time Enfimil, at one time they used Walmart Brand.  If you needed a special formula you do have to supply, my son was BF but we had to supplement and I figured for the price, he could use their formula.

My only complaint if you want to call it that is that the menu repeats itself about every 28 calendar days, boring yes, but the kids do not mind.  They always get "breakfast" at 9:00 and a hot lunch and then a snack at 2:30.  They spend time outside a few times a day 

He is now in the 2 year old room which is not preschool, but there is more structure to their day...he loves it.  We always have to stop by the bookshelf on the way out and borrow a book.

The hours are 6:00 - 5:15.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is anyone able to aquire daycare through the navy base?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"