Hawaii Babies

omgosh! where did that come from?

Jack has a tooth!  I didn't even notice until I was giving him a bath and he was laughing and I happened to be just at the right angle to see it.  At first I thought he might have ate a piece of paper (he kept trying to eat the mail) because he hasn't shown any "signs" other than the constant drool/hands in mouth - but that has been going on for weeks.

Re: omgosh! where did that come from?

• Eeeeeee! How exciting! Which one is it?

I keep checking our dudes' mouths because they've both started drooling in bucketloads and are doing the constant hands-in-mouth thing - I know it's pretty early yet but Ben started getting teeth at 3 months so I'm a bit wary lol.

• Wow! I don't even know when babies are supposed to get teeth... but A's not too far behind Jack, so I'll be on the lookout. Yay, Jack! Big Smile
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hehehe, how cute!! Yay for his first tooth!!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Very exciting.  Elyse got her first few within a few days of each other.

Which tooth is it?

• yay! 

We found out when he bit down on the pedi's tongue depressor (and bit it in half!) at his 6 month appt! LOL

• hehe, yay!!  go jack!  and it's nice that he wasn't overly fussing while teething!  seriously, he's setting all the wrong expectations for me - he's just too cute and happy and easygoing Wink 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just looked at the dental handout from his well child packet.  it's the lower right central (incisor).  basically the middle tooth on the bottom on his right.

teri - good to know that the next few might be quickly behind.  i read that it's all over the place - some babies get them in little groups and some babies get about 1/month.  Either way 4 every 4 months seems to be about average.

• Funny that you didn't notice earlier! Ha!

FYI, babies get teeth at all different times... Alexa didn't get her first teeth (she got 2 at once) until 9 months! She still has just her bottom two... But most of her friends of the same age have 4 and even as many as 14 teeth!

Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • haha. that's funny. i am checking miss A's gums daily for teeth b/c she is teething so bad.  still nothing yet! seems like she is the last of the older babies to get a tooth, though i am not complaining! i'm surprised you didn't notice while you were BFing
  • Hooray!  That's awesome...we're STILL waiting for Libby to cut hers...we can see little white nubs just under her bottom gums and she has ALL the signs, but no actual teeth just yet.  Lucky you that you didn't discover them while nursing...I pray Libby knows how NOT to use her teeth when she latches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"