1st Trimester
Options

For those of you that take Metamucil...

How do you do it!? I took it for the first time last night in water and it does NOT dissolve! Its like drinking water with sand it in, completely gross! I almost threw it back up! How do you do it or make it dissolve?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For those of you that take Metamucil...

• Options
    I drink the pink lemonade one. It's still gritty, and not the best. But if I close my eyes and pretend that it's lemon pulp it's more tolerable.
  • Options
    Must be the hormones...but before I was pregnant...it was the MOST DISGUSTING thing ever...nowit actually tastes good....so very strange!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Instead of using the 8 oz I use about 10 oz.  And make sure you put the water in the glass first then add your metamucil and start stirring right away.  This has worked out the best for me, not clumpy when done this way.  I used to put the metamucil in first, then the water, and it would get clumpy I couldn't drink the bottom half of it.  Oh, and don't put it in something and then shake it, that doesn't work either.
  • Options
    We use fruit juice instead of water, tastes better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Our baby site: Baby Cragg

• Options
    I use Benefiber, which I assume is similar in consistency. I mix a TBSP in with about 16oz of water and juice combined. Then I drink that over the course of a morning or so. It's really not bad and I get extra fluids in the process. I drink this about twice a week and it works wonders.
  • Options

imagesecuccaro:
    I use Benefiber, which I assume is similar in consistency. I mix a TBSP in with about 16oz of water and juice combined. Then I drink that over the course of a morning or so. It's really not bad and I get extra fluids in the process. I drink this about twice a week and it works wonders.

The benefiber I was using before is SOO much better than metamucil. It's not gritty or thick, and has no taste. I would stir it into a cup of crystal light or other juices and it completely dissolved. 

• Options

imagebabyblues314:
    Instead of using the 8 oz I use about 10 oz.  And make sure you put the water in the glass first then add your metamucil and start stirring right away. 

This reminds me of the Friends episode where Chandler and Joey are avoiding coffee shop bullies so they get the "instana-chino" coffee drinks and the instructions say to stir constantly, so they "STIR AND DRINK, STIR AND DRINK."

Potter the Wonder Doggie, and Todds_kid, Cooper :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Spirit of Power
    Eat, Drink, and be Keri
  • Options
    As a nutritionist, I will tell you, Metamucil and most fiber supplements are artificial and man made, which you should keep out of your body especially with if you're pregnant.  I would recommend going to your local health food store (or Wholefoods) and asking for a natural/organic prenatal supplement with digestive health support.  I take the "Rainbow Light" Complete Prenatal System with Digestive and Probiotic Support.  It's a miracle.  To get in more fiber, naturally, stick to mostly fruits and vegetables, especially berries, pears, apples, oranges, leafy greens, and legumes.  :)
  • Options
    The only ingredient in the metamucil I bought in psyllium husk and a lot of women on here have said that their OBs have recommended Metamucil.
  • Options
    I put it in my coffee.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"