New York Babies
Options

Nyack Hospital

edited July 2021 in New York Babies

What have your experiences been with delivery there? We are due for a class/tour in sept, but I would like to know a bit more. Are the rooms single or double? were you happy? do they provide a lactation consultant if you ask for one? I'm sure I'm missing some questions from my list. I tried searching for these answers but couldn't find any so I'm sorry if this is a topic that is addressed many times.

Thanks!

Re: Nyack Hospital

• Options
    My wife and I had a great experience there. Our girls were born 1 month premature and spent 17 days in the NICU. Danielle had her own room. I believe they give you your own room unless there are that many people giving birth, then they may double up some rooms. The lactation consultant was very helpful. Any other questions, feel free to ask !
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a wonderful experience at Nyack. The 2 L&D nurses I had were fantastic. once I moved over to the mother/baby unit everyone was extremely helpful and patient. The day after my son was born the LC was out sick. The nurses helped me in starting to breastfeed and the LC followed up the morning before we were discharged. I don't believe you have to request to seen her. If you tell them that you plan on bf-ing, she will come by. I had a single room in both areas. Try to see if you can get one of the big lounge chairs for you hubby to sleep in, if he plans on doing that! Hmmm what else, the tour was helpful and I knew what to expect once we arrived on birth-day. What class are you taking???
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thank you for your responses. I'm taking the weekend Lamaze class. I'm so happy to hear you both had wonderful experiences. I'll def ask for the big chair for my husband! Thank you for your responses. It makes me feel better knowing there were good experiences.
  • Options
    We had a fantastic experience as well.  The nurses were great and so helpful.  I wound up having a c-section and was there for 4 days (5 including the night I went in to be induced).  All the rooms are single unless they run out of rooms (but I can't see that happening).  We did the 6 week Lamaze class there, it was great.  I am not sure if Ms. Lipinski is teaching the one you are going to, but she is great! Make sure you get a good chair for hubby, my poor husband got stuck with a crappy lounge and had to go to a chiropractor for a few months b/c of it.  They give you lots of things to take home (underwear, formula, pads..etc) Take as much as you want!  Good Luck! Who is your doctor by the way? I had Dr. Hostin deliver our daughter, we love her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"