Infertility
Options

Cystic acne while TTC

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone had problems with cystic acne while TTC.  It sucks to go through IF, take all these medication, gain some weight and now...my freaking chin is exploding with hard red bumps!  I feel like crying cuz I feel like I can't use anything topical for the acne or take any medication.  DH thinks it will be worth it...which I am sure it is....but he's not the one dealing with the problem. 

If you had cystic acne, did you use anything to help keep the acne at bay?

Re: Cystic acne while TTC

• Options
    I really break out when on all these meds! I started using Origins cleansers and make-up during IVF #1 and found it made a difference (was on Bare Minerals previously). I'm now on IVF #2 and am sticking with Origins. :D Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This sounds really crazy and gross but my DH and I wash our face with honey. ?Its a natural anti bacterial. ?Its not sticky like it seems like it should be. ?DH used to break on on his forehead. ?It cleared up within a few weeks. ?It might be worth a try if you want to try something "natural." ?GL! ?Hope you find something that works for you!
    After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you gone to the dermatologist? I don't have cystic acne, but I do have rosacea and it flared up really bad when I first started taking clomid.  My options were limited, I couldn't take any of the oral meds but there were 3 topical creams that are safe to use during pregnancy (category b) and I use those and will continue to use them until I become preganant.  
  • Options
    Also, I went to Sephora and got some awesome foundation and concealer to help cover up what's left.  It makes a huge difference compared to my cheapie drugstore stuff I was using.  
  • Options

Clinique's Acne Solutions line has worked really well for me.  These are the only products that seem to work for me and I have tried a lot.  I also limit the amount of makeup I wear on the problem areas of my skin. (just trying to give it a break so I mostly just wear eye makeup.) 

BTW, I think the Clinique counter will give you some samples to see if it will work for you.  I had tried Proactive a few years back and my acne actually got worse so I always ask for samples before investing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have always had cystic acne and had to give up my oral meds that completely made it go away while ttc.  I have been using LUSH skin care products and have had only 1 or 2 cystic pimples in 8 mos.  I still break out a little but nothing like before.  I really like the LUSH products because they are all natural, vegetarian and/or vegan products without any added chemicals.  I use the ultrabland to wash my face (works great) and then tea tree toner and vanishing cream moisturizer at night and enzymion moisturizer during the day.  I also use the Herbalism face scrub 2 times per week which is a clay face scrub so it really helps with oily acne prone skin. 
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"