Kentucky Babies
Options

Breastfeeding Help in Louisville

Hi ladies!

I am now writing for Examiner.com. I am the "Louisville New Moms Examiner." :)

I just posted an article about some great breastfeeding resources in Louisville. Please check it out and let me know what you think! You can also subscribe to my future articles and they will be emailed right to you.

If there is anything particular that you would like me to focus on in an article, let me know! I can interview a specific day care in the area, profile a baby photographer, or even write a review of local prenatal massage or yoga class. I would love to focus on things that you expectant moms want to read about. (Obviously, since I'm pregnant, too, I'm doing the research for myself as well!)

https://www.examiner.com/x-62029-Louisville-New-Moms-Examiner~y2010m8d1-Get-breastfeeding-support-for-little-to-no-cost

Re: Breastfeeding Help in Louisville

• Options
    How very cool for you! You did a great job in your write-up. Very well laid out, plenty of links and options for different people, love the picture you used. All around, very good job!
  • Options
    Thanks, Papa Bear's Bride. If you have any ideas for me I'd love to hear them! I want to try to write something every week day -- or at least 3 days a week. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Best of luck to you, and if I think of anything I'll let you know. I'm now following you on Twitter, as well as having bookmarked the Examiner now.

A little bit of advice: write whenever you can, stacking up as many articles as you can. DH keeps at least 3 articles "in the tank" so that if anything happens and he can't find something to write about, or if we get too busy, he's always got something sidelined.

Ghosting around (or lurking) on here and on Parents.com, BabyCenter.com and FitPregnancy.com, seeing what moms are asking about would be a great way to find good topics to write about. Mom's are always wanting to know which daycare has the best ratings, where to find pregnancy/mommy and baby yoga classes, alternatives to hosp. births (though that may be too controversial for you to take on, especially since you're new at this), ratings on diapers, bottles, BF pumps, etc. G'luck! I'll be reading!

• Options
    Your husband writes for Examiner, too? (Or a different yet similiar site?) Just curious! I've never met anyone who writes for Examiner before.
  • Options

He has a site he's created for his personal obsession in Magic the Gathering. He takes apart pre-constructed decks and analyzes them, then writes about what he thinks of each card, as well as shows how the play out in games. It's his hobby and a great way for him to get his name out there while he writes his book on MtG.

• Options

Aww, your hubs sounds similar to mine, except mine plays some online game called Evony or Ebony or something. He used to play World of Warcraft.

And now he's playing xbox again because he just bought the new one. (I'll admit, I like the slick black design!)

But, my hubs isn't a writer. ;)

• Options

Evony. Yes, my brother plays that on FB. I get requests constantly. *sigh* DH used to play WoW, but quit when he realized there was an entire world he was missing. He was scheduling "guild meetings" in correspondence with our wedding time and when we'd return from our honeymoon! So glad that's behind us.

Sounds like we both married geeks. Smile Wouldn't have it any other way, though. I like me a man with some brains. Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"