Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

I think we're gonna sit this cycle out

I don't know what to do.  IF I got PG this cycle, the baby would be due on May 7.  Problem is, DH and I are hosting a HUGE 40th anniversary party for his parents next year on May 14 - about 75 guests in a banquet room at a nice restaurant, hiring a photographer, a huge deal which = potential stress for ME - and I don't want to have a new baby at that time.  When I told DH we should take a break this cycle, he was totally fine with it.  He said I shouldn't worry about it so much but didn't argue with me.  When I told a friend of mine a few weeks ago, she said she kinda understands my reasons for waiting but here's the deal - life happens and will continue to happen with or without a new baby.

A little background: This is only my second cycle TTC.  But when we were TTC our first baby, it took nearly two years (started TTC in Dec 2006, found out I was PG in Sept 2008) and I had to do 3 rounds of Clomid and had 2 miscarriages during that time.  I'm so worried it's going to be a similar experience this time around. 

What would you do?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: I think we're gonna sit this cycle out

• Options
    ETweetETweet member

Everyone's different in these situations. Personally, I would continue on with this cycle. At least chart and maybe just be more relaxed about timing. I mean, if you did get a BFP, I am sure others would be able to step in and help out with the party and everything. I know a lot of people who put their baby making on hold for weddings etc. and I just I am just not like that. I figure things will always work out some way or another. To me a baby trumps all other events. Again that's just me. If the party is really that important and you really don't want to be KU wait this cycle out. But then again, if you got KU next cycle you'd be super KU'd during the party. That might be just as stressful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I would not sit this cycle out.  You can't control a) when you get pregnant or b) when you give birth. 

You could sit this cycle out, get pregnant next cycle and be put on bedrest before before the anniversary party or go into labor early.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would just take a cycle to not chart or use opks, and see what happens. If you get KU, you do. If not, you really are not "waisting" a cycle either. If you get KU in the next cycle, you will be 8 months along, and still uncomfortable, so there is no way to avoid that unless you want to hold off for a few cycles. 

For me, i am not putting TTC on hold for anything, even though I have a big wedding to go to in March. Life goes on, and I am in the camp that I can't plan my future due date around others. 

GL 

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Personally, I don't think I would put TTC on hold.  Like PP have said, you just can't plan for things like pregnancy and birth.  If it turns out that you are due around the time of the party, you'll have plenty of time beforehand to round up some help.  But only you can decide what's best for you and your family.

It also took us 2 years to conceive DC#1, so that's why I lean towards not stopping TTC because of other events.

TTC #2 since 06/10
  • Options
    Personally, I wouldn't. I understand the desire to plan things but to me, a(nother) baby would be worth more than any event/circumstance. It's a personal decision though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My DH and I ease up on trying for due dates around Christmas. Everyone in my close family is born in November (18 of us!) and Christmas is crazy. other than that, full effort.

You make the call. 

M/C 04-1999 Missed M/C 04-20-2005 M/C 11-09-2006 DD - Sable Ren
  • Options
    IMHO... when you want to get KU... there's nothing that would make me want to "sit a cycle out".
  • Options

I would continue.

Lets say you wait a cycle and you get pregnant next month and are due in June.  You could still have a baby in May.  My DD was born July 3 and was due August 3 -  huge surprise that caught me completely off guard. 

My point is, you really can't plan this stuff.  You need to TTC and then let the cards fall where they may.  A later due date won't guarantee that you won't be on bed rest or have an early baby. 

• Options
    I wouldnt.
  • Options

image*lovemypups*:
    IMHO... when you want to get KU... there's nothing that would make me want to "sit a cycle out".

this.  i can't live my life, espeecially TTC for other people.

• Options
    I wouldn't sit it out.
  • Options

As someone who is sitting this cycle out, I think if it makes you feel more comfortable to wait through this cycle, then do it. I think the PPs made good points, but only you know what you can live with.

After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"