3rd Trimester
Options

Bottles? How many? and what kind?

I plan on breastfeeding my baby. And for the most part I'm a stay at home mom, but I'd like to have the freedom of asking my mom to watch him so dh and I can go on a date every once and while, or if I want to substitute teach, I'd like to be able to do that too. My sis in law has recommended I get an electric medela pump and most everything I read concurs.

However, how many bottles do I need? And what kind is most highly recommended by you ladies?

Thanks!

Re: Bottles? How many? and what kind?

• Options
    I'd just start with a few of the Playtex drop-ins. There's no way to know what kind of bottles LO will like. DS took the drop-ins twice and never would take another bottle. I had to be with him 24/7 until he was on solids and using a sippy cup. Hopefully that won't be the case this time bc it was a really hard time for DH. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm going to exclusively pump and I'm using the drop-ins. Playtex makes an attachment for your pump so you can pump straight into the liner. And I have about 6 4oz bottles and 6 8oz. bottles.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am going with Dr. Brown's. I heard that the wide bottles are better for those that are transition between breast and bottle. 
    Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use Medela bottles.  The attach directly to the pump and have freezer caps.  DD1 was fine with them and it was very practical to have bottles which went from pump to freezer to DD.  I think I started with 6 and then got another 10 or so when I was pumping for work, etc.
  • Options
    I'm using Tommee Tippee. I think I have 9 big of the bigger bottles. Getting the smaller ones are a waste of money because you use them for so short of a time. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm using Tommee Tippee,because I have heard that they are very good for breastfeeding due to bottle flow and shape.I have also heard(from friends,family etc.)that playtex drop-ins are great,but that Dr.Browns are a pain in the butt.I registered for 2 3 packs of the 9oz bottles and only 2 single 5 oz bottles since you don't use them long.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• Options
    We're using Tommee Tippee- supposed to ge best for avoiding nipple confusion.  We have two 5oz and three 9oz bottles to get us through.
  • Options

With my 1st DD, I BF for about 6 weeks and supplemented with formula.  We used Dr. Brown's and she never had a problem with them. However, they are a PIA to clean with all the parts.  And if you do use formula, you can't shake the bottle with all the parts in there otherwise it leaks.  I plan on doing the same with DD#2, but I bought Avent bottles.  My sister used them with her DD and didn't have any problems.  She BF for a while and switched to formula.

• Options

I have some playtex drop-ins and some born-free.  however, i am a first time mom, so i can't recommend from experience!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"