Infertility
Options

Probably a Flame-Worthy post, but I'm annoyed....

OK ladies, get out your flame-throwers!  Here goes....

Sometimes I feel like my friends who have kids have an "easy out" when they don't want to do something and they think I should just sit back and take it.  I feel like all they have to do to get out of something is say "the baby is sick" or "I can't get a sitter" or "it's during the baby's nap time" and I'm just supposed to accept that reason and move on.  To be honest, I don't always believe these excuses.

Here's why it's bothering my so much.  Tomorrow, DH and I are playing in a golf tournament that we've played in for a couple of years.  We have two friends (a married couple) who wanted to play with us this year so we signed them up to be on our team - we are a foursome.  Well, today I get a call from my friend and she told me that they might not be able to play all 18 holes and they definitely can't stay for the awards banquet afterward because they have to get home to the sitter.  I'm so annoyed because if they have to leave before we are done with 18 holes, then the whole team gets disqualified.  Why bother playing if we "may" be DQ'd?  Also, the team I played on last year was DQ'd because I was playing with a 6 month pg woman who, after only 8 holes, decided she couldn't play anymore and we had to quit... why didn't she think of that BEFORE she signed up to play???

I'm quite competitive and to possibly get taken out of the whole competition because our teammates have to get home to the sitter is so frustrating! 

The tournament is tomorrow so there's no time to find a new team and maybe when/if I ever have children this will all make sense, but right now I'm just annoyed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Probably a Flame-Worthy post, but I'm annoyed....

• Options

Meh, I won't flame you. It's not flame-worthy, to me.

If you commit, you should follow through.

And yes, I think people use their children as excuses sometimes too.

I've probably been on The Bump longer than you have.

After 31 cycles, baby boy K (IUI) born 11/03/11

BFP (Femara) - 08/09/13 m/c around 6 weeks. xoxox Baby April

Rainbow baby girl E (Femara) born 11/16/16
  • Options
    Parents use kids to get out of all kinds of events, including work. It's annoying for sure. My only advice is to find some more childless friends and have a ball!
    Forty-something TTC since 12/2007 3 failed IVFs DE cycle #1: BFP then D&E at 12 weeks due to neural tube defect DE cycle #2: Chemical FET #1: BFN Lining issues, pursuing adoption
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ej708ej708 member
    I wish I lived near you!  I'd play!  (And I'd be just as annoyed as you are).
    Our IVF miracles arrived on 7/20/11 at 37 weeks after 3 weeks of hospital bedrest! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers "Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits." ~Robert Brault
  • Options
    albjagalbjag member

That is annoying and rude- they should try to find someone to fill in for them.  No flames from me.  

I have used my dogs as an excuse to get out of things (or leave early) w/ annoying pregnant people or people with kids - like a baby shower or birthday party.   Oh, sorry- I have to leave early from your kid's birthday party b/c I have to let my dogs out.  :-)

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Options

Um...yes...I'm pregnant and am very guilty of using that as an excuse to get out of things I don't want to do.  Family reunion 4 hours away in Bumblef*ck? Oh, sorry, I don't think I'll be able to make that drive.   

But I wouldn't agree to be a partner in a tournament if I didn't think I could complete it.   I'm so sorry that you are in that position.

• Options
    I'm sorry. I don't think its flame-worthy. You are mad that friends don't keep their plans. That is understandable. I'd be mad too. I'm sure you wasted money as well!
  • Options

Not flame worthy - the reason is because its true, sometimes.

I admit, I've used that excuse a couple of times - but, I've used it because I dont want to do something. I feel guilty, but thats ok. I dont think it should be over-used. The your friends will stop inviting you - however, I have used it when aquaintences (sp) have invited us for dinner or what not.

However, I think it is VERY rude if someone commits to something and then uses that excuse. Then on the other hand it may not be an excuse. But to get home to a sitter - this is where you disucss with your sitter prior to doing something - "hey, im gonna be home at such and such time".

Im sorry your friends bailed.

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board