Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Unbelievable

I have been on and off this board for a couple years now from when I was trying to conceive my during my first two pregnancies and now trying to conceive my third. I am astounded by the responses some people give to new people who join this board. It is unbelievable how rude and obnoxious people can be. If someone has a question or is happy that they got a BFP, who cares how many times they have posted. Some of you sit around and post all day on these boards instead of working, being outside, or spending time with your other kids. For someone to be happy about a BFP or have a question and they get rude remarks because you don't know who they are on an internet board is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Some people feel more comfortable asking personal questions to people they don't know rather than to people that they do know. That is what this board is for, it is not to see who can write the most posts.

For all those newbies out there who aren't comfortable posting something because you are afraid of what response you are going to get (if any at all), I hope that you can find the support somewhere from people who don't care how many posts you have!

Re: Unbelievable

• Options

Uggghhh, Goodbye Cruel Bump... You sound better suited for BabyGaga where it's all puppies and rainbows... Dueces!!

ETA: An Internet message board support is not automatic, support is something earned. After enough "Am I Pregnant" posts, it starts to get old. And it takes just as much time to Google something as it does to post in here.

• Options
    I find it unbelievable that you care so much.  If it bugs you, go somewhere else.

DD born 07/2011 DD due 11/18/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i'm so sorry i've offended you.
  • Options
    ::blinks:: Where is THIS coming from??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank you, RS!  You are right!!

There do seem to be several people on this board who do want to be kind and helpful; I've been lurking for awhile and posting for maybe a week, and it seems like the past few days have been oddly snarky.  Hopefully it'll pass!!

GL w/ #3!! 

Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Crying

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Why do you care? Who made you mother of all noobs? if you have a problem, leave the board. plain and simple. This isn't happy rainbow land, it's real life, so if you're going to B*tch, go elsewhere. K thanks bye
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit The Nest!
  • Options

This is just weird. Where did this come from?

Why should I be happy about some strangers BFP?

• Options
    imagePockety:

Thank you, RS!  You are right!!

There do seem to be several people on this board who do want to be kind and helpful; I've been lurking for awhile and posting for maybe a week, and it seems like the past few days have been oddly snarky.  Hopefully it'll pass!!

GL w/ #3!! 

Didn't you post toaday about how to "fit in" and didn't you get nice responses/good advice?

No offense ladies, but if you don't like it there is nothing keeping you here.  I'm just sayin'

• Options

Confused

Edit:

Oh, and

• Options

Other than people who post drive by BFPs (which is rude), I think most newbies only get flamed if they ask a question that could be answered by a simple Google search, or some research. I mean, really?! Women go into a big decision like ttc without knowing how it works, or how their body works? I just think that's stupid....

Confused

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ella85Ella85 member
    Seriously? This post is just going to cause more drama ~lame~

Married 8-02-08

After 3 years TTC with PCOS and two losses Olivia Nikelle was born 4-08-13

TTC #2 Since August 2014

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

:grn:

Really??? GBCB and all that happy crappy, so long, farewell, and good night! I'm not sure you will be missed!

• Options

imageaubreyanna32988:
    Why do you care? Who made you mother of all noobs? if you have a problem, leave the board. plain and simple. This isn't happy rainbow land, it's real life, so if you're going to B*tch, go elsewhere. K thanks bye

Wow, and you're the noob that everyone likes!  Something to aspire to!  

I'm now convinced to leave this board.  I'm well aware that I won't be missed.  

K thanks bye. 

Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm usually in the nest but this is one of least snarkiest boards I've come across. Any of the other boards would have been a lot worse to some random person coming in with something like a BFP to a board of people who post regularly, it's like they're rubbing it in. And FWIW I just started posting here and feel very welcome here
  • Options
    Summer's Eve
  • Options
    You know what I find unbelievable? That you were ever on the board before. I was on it for my first pregnancy when it had just started. Guess what? It was MUCH worse then. It got even worse while I was pregnant. This is mellowTTGP. 
  • Options
    My point exactly! Enough said....
  • Options

I'll never understand why people think it is great for "strangers" to come post a BFP here.  This is TRYING to get pregnant, not I AM Pregnant.  That's what 1st Tri is for.  They're always happy for and welcoming to newly pregnant ladies!

• Options

imagers63007:

I don't think you did a good job..cause I have no idea what your point was.  Were we not nice to you?  Did you not read the "How to get Accepted"post cause there was good info in there.

Edit: word mix up

• Options
    imagePockety:

imageaubreyanna32988:

Wow, and you're the noob that everyone likes!  Something to aspire to!  

I'm now convinced to leave this board.  I'm well aware that I won't be missed.  

K thanks bye. 

Hey if you don't like me oh well. if you don't want to be here, leave. But don't go running your mouth about people I happen to like, snarky or not, they tell the truth, and if you don't like the truth, deal with it. I'm tired of people running their mouths and B'tching about people. If you cant handle the fact that people are brutally honest, then either leave, or put your big girl panties on and deal with it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit The Nest!
  • Options

The board moderator positions have been filled.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • Options

imagers63007:

RS, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Options
    I don't need anyone to be "nice" to me, but I find it completely unbelieveable that someone had to post "how to be accepted" as if this is a sorority and you have do something to get in. I never post, I don't care if you people know anything about me...that is what family and friends are for. Half the posts on here have nothing to do with ttc anyway, just showing that people sit around their computer day in and day out and post ridiculous things to people they don't even know. Grow up ladies!
  • Options
    imagesunandsurfmama:

FTW!!!!!!!

• Options
    imagePattypoundcake:

imagers63007:

RS, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Patty, I love you.

DD born 07/2011 DD due 11/18/2013
  • Options
    imagesunandsurfmama:

Yes

• Options

imagers63007:
    I don't need anyone to be "nice" to me, but I find it completely unbelieveable that someone had to post "how to be accepted" as if this is a sorority and you have do something to get in. I never post, I don't care if you people know anything about me...that is what family and friends are for. Half the posts on here have nothing to do with ttc anyway, just showing that people sit around their computer day in and day out and post ridiculous things to people they don't even know. Grow up ladies!

Umm, did you READ that post?!?  We told her you don't have to DO anything except not be a douche. ::clears throat::

Edit: typo

• Options
    Oh no points! Bummer, I won't be a platinum poster like you. Wish I could aspire to that!
  • Options
    Lkat17Lkat17 member
    imagesunandsurfmama:

ha! Maybe she's trying to rally up support to get Sarah's spot? She's got my vote.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • Options
    imagePattypoundcake:

imagers63007:

patty, run away with me. 

• Options
    imagesunandsurfmama:

::snort:: 

• Options

imagers63007:
    Oh no points! Bummer, I won't be a platinum poster like you. Wish I could aspire to that!

If only I could aspire to lecturing strangers on the internet for no reason but to be a sanctimonious moron! Wait! You are a sanctimonious moron...teach me!  

Sadly, our lesson will have to wait for another day. See, a community member has had a miscarriage and I would rather spend my time trying to help comfort her than listening to you spew.  

• Options

imagers63007:

It's not always a choice to hang around here for a long time, but whatever. Everyone needs relief from the trials of TTC, especially when it's difficult for some women, there's no reason we can't chat about whatever we want with each other. If we're stuck hanging around here, we can't ALWAYS talk about TTC. It's not healthy.

This board has a culture. You posting this won't change that. There are many many other boards out there. Maybe one with a different personality suits you better. This isn't the only place to get advice, if you don't like the way it's dished out.

• Options

imagers63007:

Were you this awesome at utilizing the quote button when you were here before as well?

Me: 26, DH: 31
    dx MFI 10/10
    IVF #1 10/11-11/11 BFN
    IVF #2 1/12 BFP! 1st u/s It's twins!
  • Options
    ETweetETweet member
    AHahahaha! Not realted to this post but I love this clip! I just keep watching it over and over and over...!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Oh boy...I guess I must be missing something.
  • Options
    imageblessedandhopeful:

Other than people who post drive by BFPs (which is rude), I think most newbies only get flamed if they ask a question that could be answered by a simple Google search, or some research. I mean, really?! Women go into a big decision like ttc without knowing how it works, or how their body works? I just think that's stupid....

Confused

I have to agree with this. I'm a noob, and I totally see why the women here would be snarky and rude to me if my first post here was just "BFP! I'm going to 1st tri!" or "I had sex yesterday and I was supposed to get my period today but I haven't yet... am I pregnant?!"

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Options
    GTFO! These ladies are amazing and I don't need your bs today.
  • Options

FFS, I have no idea why one random stranger thinks that they can change the whole feel of a board. For real! OP, I was just saying today that this board has tamed down, A LOT! TTGP has never been all puppies and rainbows, if you don't like it no one is keeping you here. Check out 2 week wait.com or baby gaga.com they might be better fits if you think today has been snarky. We don't might newbies, we just hate stupid. 

I don't need your approval. I like it here, my friends are here. My suggestion for you, see the little red box with the X? Hit that. YWIA.  

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"