Trying to Get Pregnant

Need someone to talk me down. (nttgpr)

DH when to help a friend of his move this afternoon.  He was only going help move a couple of big things and was suppose to be home at 5.  DH and I had plans to go to dinner and a movie tonight. The movie started at 5:55. And still no word from him.  Not even a text or anything.

::Ok so he just called::

I'm still pissed however.  He "left his phone in his car and lost track of time."  Which I know is probably true but none-the-less, our date night has been pushed back nightly since Wed and I finally thought we had found the time.  I know we will probably still go tonight, just to a later movie and do dinner before.  But I'm fuming and don't want to blow up at him when he gets home.  And salvage our date night.  HELP.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need someone to talk me down. (nttgpr)

• Focus on the facts that your DH is coming home safe and sounds, you can hug & kiss him tonight, and that despite being a few hours late, you still get to go on your date tonight.  Thousands of wives/families can't say that tonight.
  • I have always found that  my husband response better to sugar than vinegar. So it he would do something like that instead of yelling and ruining evening, I would get ready to go and be waiting when he gets home. Then be like i realize that is is important to help our friends but i would appreciate it if when we have plans you would put "us" first and be home on time. Hope this helps, yelling and getting mad won't get you all anywhere. Good Luck and have fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKdgTeacher:
    Focus on the facts that your DH is coming home safe and sounds, you can hug & kiss him tonight, and that despite being a few hours late, you still get to go on your date tonight.  Thousands of wives/families can't say that tonight.

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

• imageKdgTeacher:
    Focus on the facts that your DH is coming home safe and sounds, you can hug & kiss him tonight, and that despite being a few hours late, you still get to go on your date tonight.  Thousands of wives/families can't say that tonight.

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed to hear.  (Even made me a little teary eyed)  And made me realize how selfish I sounded.  Thank you. 

• Bummer!  I understand your frustration because my hubby does the same thing to. I tend to pout and be in my pj's when he gets home instead of sucking it up and playing nice. Good luck!
    Brooke
    Married my best friend 05.27.06

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP!!! 2/6/11 Super Bowl Sunday!
    Expecting our first, a little boy, somewhere around 10/18/11!
    2/7/11 beta #1 212.73
    2/11/11 beta #2 1,633
    2/15/11 beta #3 7,308 progesterone 12.69
  • imagekmadsen2004:

imageKdgTeacher:

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed to hear.  (Even made me a little teary eyed)  And made me realize how selfish I sounded.  Thank you. 

Yes, when it is put that way I feel extra bratty. 

Brooke
    Married my best friend 05.27.06

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP!!! 2/6/11 Super Bowl Sunday!
    Expecting our first, a little boy, somewhere around 10/18/11!
    2/7/11 beta #1 212.73
    2/11/11 beta #2 1,633
    2/15/11 beta #3 7,308 progesterone 12.69
  • imagebrookandshan:

imageKdgTeacher:

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

Ditto :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit The Nest!
  • Yep, agree w/ KdgTeacher. 

But get dressed and ready so that you go out when he gets home.  After you're out and about, you'll likely have a great time with your DH.  If you pout and argue at home, it tends to really ruin the evening.   

Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"