Success after IF

bfing/pumping ? - dropping nighttime pumping??

I am dying for more sleep here. We've got 2 out of 3 STTN (yay!) with Zoey being our last holdout. Once she starts sleeping for longer stretches, I really don't want to get up just to pump. When bfing moms have babies that STTN, their bodies adjust and just produce more milk during the day, right? So does it make sense for me to eventually drop my middle of the night pumping session and still keep my supply up? Over the past couple of months I've gradually dropped from 8 to 7 to 6 pumping sessions every 24 hours (plus some bfing) and my supply has stayed ok. There have been a couple of nights this week when I was just too exhausted to pump at 1am after getting up to feed Zoey, so I waited till 5am and pumped close to 20 oz!

maybe I'll check kellymom too...

thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bfing/pumping ? - dropping nighttime pumping??

• Holy ***!  20 ounces!! 

My boobs would have exploded. 

I am not the best BFing expert but unless you are trying to build a stash (or your supply) , I would not get up to pump if I didn't have to. Your body will adjust to give you what the babies need.

• SO jealous that your babies are sleeping well for you, but I am happy for you too - way to go babies!  Lucy still wakes up every 2-3 hours on a good night! :)

If they are all sttn, you don't need to pump because they aren't eating that feeding.  Unless you are trying to build your stash (and with 20 oz pumping sessions, I don't think you need to!) I think you're good to get that sleep.  You definitely deserve it! 

• Loading the player...
  • Good lord!  20 ounces?!  I thought I was a champ when I would get 12.  LOL

I would drop that session.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think you can drop the pump and your body will adjust.  I know I have dropped the number of pumps I'm doing and my boobs seem fine.  And no one is going hungry here.

I can't believe you have 2 out of the 3 sleeping through the night!  That is so great!

• Holy *** indeed -- 20 ounces!  Mama you are the poster girl for supply and demand.  That is AWESOME.  But yes, I think you can drop that middle of the night pump when no one is eating then.  Beware though, sometimes there will be a time with LOs go back to wanting to eat again in the nighttime, this happened to us when DD started crawling and being too active in the day to eat.  Anyway my body adjusted again when she needed milk again.
  • I think as long as no one is taking a bottle at that time, then you can drop the pumping session.  I've been trying to do the same thing, but I keep giving in and pumping because I'm usually leaking and in pain (DS usually only eats off one side during the night and I pump the other side).
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"