Eco-Friendly Family
Options

s/o of anti-social

started my new job 4 weeks ago.  I have yet to form "friendships".  i eat lunch everyday at my desk (or call my DH and beg him to go with me).

I was thinking the other day how much i don't like the "moms" at work.  they seem so  "mom-esque".  I feel more in common with they non-moms/younger people.  i need to grow up and act my age/role. 

i've also been here 4 weeks and have no friends. no one's # to add to my new cellphone.  no one to go shopping with.  no one to go to coffee with. 

i feel like such a loser...

Re: s/o of anti-social

• Options
    I posted on FB last night how I felt like such a loser. I used to have so many friends in high school and college, and now that I'm married and a mom no one calls me anymore. Some of my old friends had kids and I made some mom friends, but not one single person calls me... ever. I see all sorts of messages from these people on FB to other people saying, "Oh I can't wait to see you tonight/tomorrow/this weekend/etc" and that sort of thing. Never once has someone just asked me to go do something with them or come with them. I feel like such an outcast and a loser most days. It hurts the most though when I see them from DS's Godmother to other people. She doesn't even call me to come over and see him. Sad It hurts my heart for HIM and me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Don't feel like a loser :(  Being shy is often mistaken for being stuck-up unfortunatly....I've worked at jobs for months before anyones tried to be my friend, and after we get to know each other they usually say something like "I never said anything before because I thought you just didn't like anyone." 

It turns out that when people looked at me I would look down, I sat by myself at break with my nose buried in a book, was always looking down when walking, and keeping to myself in general. 

I realized that people thought I was stuck up....since then I've made it a mission to make eye contact and smile at people, even strangers.  Although I still struggle with socializing, just smiling at people have made them more open to reach out to make contact with me. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRubyRed1085:
    I posted on FB last night how I felt like such a loser. I used to have so many friends in high school and college, and now that I'm married and a mom no one calls me anymore. Some of my old friends had kids and I made some mom friends, but not one single person calls me... ever. I see all sorts of messages from these people on FB to other people saying, "Oh I can't wait to see you tonight/tomorrow/this weekend/etc" and that sort of thing. Never once has someone just asked me to go do something with them or come with them. I feel like such an outcast and a loser most days. It hurts the most though when I see them from DS's Godmother to other people. She doesn't even call me to come over and see him. Sad It hurts my heart for HIM and me.

omg this....my old friends go out all the freakin time and never think about calling me...don't they know having a pregnant friend is an automatic DD?  But no, and when I call them out on it they always say "Well, you can call us if you want to go."  The phone works both ways honey and I am not going to invite myself somewhere like a loser.....

It is what it is and I can't really do much to change their attitudes.  I've kinda accepted it...they know how to contact me if they need me, but I'm not always going to be this passive...

• Options

I was always the one to throw a party, complete with every kind of finger food and snack, making sure to have something for everyone, including vegetarian foods, certains beers, wines, etc. I am also the friend who remembers everything and goes nuts over birthdays (not just my own.) Ever since I announced that I was expecting, I feel like I have been left in the dust, though. 

Not every activity my friends participate in involves alcohol. I am pregnant, not broken. But I have also read a few articles on how this is 'normal' and my husband and family tell me it's a great way to weed out the jerks, but I don't want to believe everyone's a jerk. (I have invested so much love and energy and time on everyone, so I also don't want to believe that I am a fool.)

Oh well...I will be very preoccupied soon and in the best way possible! ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"