Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

2 week old w/ aweful diaper rash...

My poor LO has the worst red bumpy diaper rash around his anus.  I have been using Aquaphor as a preventative measure so this wouldn't happen.  It has gotten woorse over the past 2 days.

I switched to using ButtPaste and am hoping it works.  We change him everytime we notice he is wet and /or poopy.  Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?  Thanks!  I just feel so bad for the little guy Sad

Re: 2 week old w/ aweful diaper rash...

• Options
    desitin!
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Triple Paste is seriously the best thing ever.
    L 7/06 E 8/07 L 6/10 imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is it normal for a baby this little to already have such a bad rash?
  • Options
    are you using wipes to clean LO?  we use gauze and water and he doesn't seem to get a rash. but when i use wipes he does.
  • Options
    I found that butt paste doesn't work as well as the generic store brand.
  • Options
    If it's yeast, Lotrimin for jock itch will clear it up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If not already try using pampers sensitive diapers and wipes. LO maynot be able to handle the chemicals.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Its from your lil one clearing all the nastiness out of their digestive system. Acidic urine can break them out too. It will improve as their system matures. We used triple paste with max strength desitin on top. Load it on, to create a barrier. Also soak their butt everyday for 10-15 min. in warm water. It helps to clear it. We still use max strength desitin (purple and white tube) at every change. My ds rear was in bad shape those first few weeks, but looks great now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"