Pregnant after a Loss

anyone like to read?

sorry for being a PW: don't get much time here now that I'm back to work.

i've read like 5 books this summer (this is a lot for me), most by Kristin Hannah and they've all been amazing. I'm currently reading "Handle With Care" By Jodi Picoult - definitely NOT a book for a TTCALer and maybe even not some here... but I can't put it down and surprisingly it hasn't made me worry much (its about loss and then finally having a baby who has a severe severe severe condition). 

Whats on your summer reading list? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missing our sweet Angeline. BFP #1: 7.12.09 / EDD: 3.15.10 / Missed Miscarriage: 8.14.10
BFP #2: 3.16.10 / EDD: 11.28.12 / Collin Rex born 12.1.10
TTC#2: May 2012
BFP #3: 7.5.12 / CP 7.12.12
BFP #4: 1.28.12 / EDD: 10.11.13
betas: 10dpo: 91 / 14dpo: 493 / first u/s: 3.4.13
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: anyone like to read?

• Right now I'm reading "Committed" and "13 Bankers".  I've been trying to read "Wicked" for 3 months, and just can't get into it.  I'll have to check out "Handle With Care" on Amazon, I'd never heard of it before.
  • So far this summer I have read the last Charlaine Harris book to come out, Dead in the Family. I also decided since I liked her Southern Vampire Series and Harper Connelly Series so much that I'd ready her Aurora Teagarden and Lily Bard series too. Those were great, love her! Now I'm reading Vampire A Go-go by Victor Gischler. I'll have to get back with yall on that one as I just picked it up today!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Most of my reading has been pg-related, which is good, but not all that entertaining.  Normally, I love to read all genres, but I have a special soft spot for the science fiction/paranormal genre.

Views, if you like vampires in your fiction, then I have a good series.  As long as you don't mind a little bit of erotica included.  Have you read the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward?

• I just started reading the Charlaine Harris series!  I'm almost done with Dead Until Dark, but purchased the rest of the series as a set so I have a lot left to read!
  • imagesinisterkat01:

Most of my reading has been pg-related, which is good, but not all that entertaining.  Normally, I love to read all genres, but I have a special soft spot for the science fiction/paranormal genre.

Views, if you like vampires in your fiction, then I have a good series.  As long as you don't mind a little bit of erotica included.  Have you read the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward?

I have not heard of that one, I'll check it out. I tried to get into the Kim Harrison series but couldn't. Also tried another one about a shifter that was allied with some werewolves but I can't remember what it was called, it didn't really hold my attention either.

• imagevlewis515:
    imagesinisterkat01:

Most of my reading has been pg-related, which is good, but not all that entertaining.  Normally, I love to read all genres, but I have a special soft spot for the science fiction/paranormal genre.

I never got into the Kim Harrison series, or some of the others either.  It can be hit or miss.  The above series really held my attention - can't say that it is great literature - but they were entertaining!

I have not heard of that one, I'll check it out. I tried to get into the Kim Harrison series but couldn't. Also tried another one about a shifter that was allied with some werewolves but I can't remember what it was called, it didn't really hold my attention either.

• Glass Castle- Amazing Book!
  • imagejesmckenna:
    I just started reading the Charlaine Harris series!  I'm almost done with Dead Until Dark, but purchased the rest of the series as a set so I have a lot left to read!

They are pretty fast reads and hard to put down! I got through them quick!

• imagesinisterkat01:
    imagevlewis515:
    imagesinisterkat01:

I never got into the Kim Harrison series, or some of the others either.  It can be hit or miss.  The above series really held my attention - can't say that it is great literature - but they were entertaining!

Hey I'll give it a try! I don't need any great classical literary work just something that entertains me!

• I recently finished A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon, who also wrote The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. Both are funny, but I liked Curious Dog better - it's about a teenage boy with autism who gets accused of killing his neighbor's dog then sets out to solve the murder mystery himself. Sounds gruesome, but it's written in humor so it's a fun read.

If you like Jodi Picoult, her most recent book House Rules was pretty good, but I prefer her older books.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"