1st Trimester

Should I worry?

So, I've taken about 3 hpt since Monday, and they have all been bfp.. But, they are really light, and nothing really impressive.. Should I worry?

Re: Should I worry?

• Mine have never been that dark, in fact a few of them were light and were FRERs. I wouldn't base it all on pregnancy tests.

I should add that mine were still light and my betas were in the twin and triplet range. It doesn't always mean much.

• A line is a line.  HPTs are qualitative not quantitative tests - in other words, they only tell you that you're pregnant, not "how" pregnant ;-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope, you shouldn't worry. The amount of dye in the test affects how dark the line is. I would take a digital to ease your mind :)
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Nah- I wouldn't worry.  Just call your Dr and tell them you got 3 +hpt and want to come in for a blood test.  They'll take your blood to confirm.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you're concerned about the lines, go get a digital test. It has a little screen that will read either "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant". But I have a feeling you are. False positives are not nearly as common as false negatives.

Congrats! :)

• Nope.  They detect HCG and the only way it is positive is if you have that in your system - and you only have that in your system if you are pregnant.  The intensity of the line is irrelevant because like someone else said, it's not quantitative.  Congrats - welcome to first tri!

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Didn't you say you got BFNs at the OB's office?  Did they do bloodwork?  How far along are you?  Could you be not as far along as you thought?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I went over to a clinic in my town, that gives free test, but, I was thinking that I wasn't that far along enough. So I  am just thinking that I am almost 5 weeks along, and that my hcg levels are lower than they should be... I'm crossing my fingers.
  • Based on that, sounds like you're pregnant to me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • You're still pregnant. Don't worry. Smile
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"