Eco-Friendly Family
Options

? about CD detergent recipe on EFF blog

how much do you use per load? Is it two tablespoons?

What about if I have hard water, does that change the recipe at all?

now do you wash LO's clothes in this detergent, too or do you use the formula with the ivory soap added? i bought a jug of Dreft but want to make my own detergent when that runs out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ? about CD detergent recipe on EFF blog

• Options

You'll use 2T. total, but 1T will go in your first spin cycle and once that is over the second 1T will go in the full hot wash. 

For baby clothes I'm sure you could use the CD formula.  I mean if its good enough to clean poop then it's good enough for baby clothes!  I'm still working through a jug of Dreft also so I have no firsthand exprience with washing clothes with it.

I'm not sure about hard water either.  I would guess that our water is "normal" and I;ve been using this recipe for seveal weeks now with great results.

1ht

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I use 1 T in the first wash, 1 T in the 2nd.

For laundry you can add soap and use 1-2T but you don't have to add soap.  It'll still work well w/out it.  I think it just works a little better with it.

Check out The Eco-Friendly Family, a
    Green Living Blog
    for eco-information and fun giveaways!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't actually used it for CDs yet, but we've been using it for our clothes and LOs clothes and we just use the 2T.
    Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I use 1-2 T in my cycles.  I use the other formula for ours and baby clothes.  I love it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"