Baby Names

annoyed.

Boyfriend and I agreed on two boy names, and when we find out gender and if baby so happens to be a boy we would decide between the two.

I recently told him that he could choose the name if we have a boy. Our boy names are Easton Ryan, or Kyden Andrew. 

He told me that he wouldn't name our child Easton, because that is a brand of baby crib... 

So now it looks like our boy will be named Kyden... and I liked Easton so much more... 

Should I say anything?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: annoyed.

• Yes, speak up. But why did you tell him he could pick if you have an obvious preference?

I also much prefer Easton.

J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • I guess I thought I liked both of them equally.

But the more I looked at the names, and said the names along with baby's last name...

I realised that Easton was my favorite out of the two. 

I just don't wanna hurt his feelings because he is so excited. I feel like I'll be pulling the rug out from under him. 

• Loading the player...
  • def speak up! if he doesnt want to use easton ...and you dont like the other as much. You might have to start from scratch!
  • i like Easton much better. yes, tell him how you feel!
  • lrn327lrn327 member
    Yes, definitely speak up.  DH has a name not to unlike Kyden and no one can EVER pronounce it or spell it.  It came to his father in a dream so that's how he got it.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Then choose a third name you can both agree on. I like Easton and really dislike Kyden, it's way too youneek.
  • Since you both have the essentially name, why not name the baby a variation of your own names?

• You should never have told him he could choose the name if it was a boy.  What if he decided against BOTH of those and went with something really stupid like Optimus? 

Def. say something.  He'll probably throw the fact that you told him he could name the baby boy back in your face but you don't want to hate your DS's name forever.

• *shrug*

Maybe you'll have a girl.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I would say something but there is also no way in hell I would agree to have Kyden as a final contender. What were you thinking?
  • imageCaraLynn91:

He told me that he wouldn't name our child Easton, because that is a brand of baby crib... 

So now it looks like our boy will be named Kyden... and I liked Easton so much more... 

Should I say anything?

First of all, that's a really dumb reason not to use the name. Second, it's definitely back to the drawing board for you two if he's dead set on not using Easton. Sorry but Kyden is horrible, and there is no reason why this has to be the end all as far as your name choice goes.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Oh, please PLEASE say something. Easton is a much better name than Kyden...

Kyden sounds like a combination of Kyle and Hayden and is just yucky looking.  

• Easton is also a brand of fairly well know baseball equipment. Throw that out there to your SO. If he's a sports lover, it may change his mind. When your kid is born no one will think "baby crib" when they hear his name, anyway.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i definitely prefer easton to kyden, which is nms at all. i would speak up because i don't think you will be happy naming your son something you don't like as much and always wishing you had gone with another name.
  • I prefer Easton too! Kyden looks like something is missing like you messed up spelling Kayden...

I would say something to him - you need to find a compromise.  Why did you tell him he could decide if you really didn't like the one name? 

• Kyden sounds totally made up. Easton is a town near where I live, and it's also a brand of baseball equipment. Both are NMS. If you don't like Kyden and he doesn't like Easton why not come up with one you both agree on?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"